I have baileys blow of valve not recirc!!! Help!!

SlimsLCR

Jul 16, 2014
Northern Ireland
Hey everyone, i just sent off some pics today to the garage that will be soon doing my remap, the guy emailed me back shitting himself and causing me to do the same! He told me the baileys dump valve i have fitted is not a recirc as recommended on here! Ive owned the car from Jan this year and the bov came on it, never had any bother with it, in fact the bov sounds fantastic! The car pulls like a train, never went to limp mode, eml is on but that's because of the decat, no other codes at all! Can anyone tell me what i need to do? The bov is at the front of the engine just beside the inlet manifold its piped into the large pipe coming from the turbo going to the intercooler!

SlimsLCR

Jul 16, 2014
Northern Ireland
I better get it looked at asap then! I thought it was ok because it wasn't causing problems or throwing the eml or registering fault codes! But better to be safe than sorry! What damage can the wrong dv cause to the engine?

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
If it’s had a cold side relocation of the BOV it sounds like your car has had some modification. Is it also possible that the MAF has been mapped out?

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
ok, so help me out here. If i remove the bov and plug the relevant hoses, then replace the plastic diverter valve with a 007/008 recirc then that(in theory) should bring all inline with the recommendations for my engine?

Yep, stick in an 007 or 008 and you're sorted.

SlimsLCR

Jul 16, 2014
Northern Ireland
If it’s had a cold side relocation of the BOV it sounds like your car has had some modification. Is it also possible that the MAF has been mapped out?

defo not mapped anyway, im certain of that! The only other thing i can tell you is there is a baileys branded blanking plug on a pipe coming out of the left side of the turbo behind the exhaust manifold and a hex bolt pushed into a thick vacuum pipe in the area where the diverter valve is! No idea why but maybe one of you do?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise