Spur Garage

Aimless

Nov 18, 2013
SEAT Spur Garage in Hampton Court/Molesey has gone into administration and officially closed a few weeks ago apparently, was very shocked as received no correspondence from then and their website is still active however when I went there everything was gone and just a notice on the door, a message when calling them revealed them going bust shame as always found them to be helpful.

Anyone else use this dealer, if so who do you plan to use in the future?

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
I bought my Leon there 2 years ago.

Used them for first service last october and all good.
Got an email a month ago saying service was due soon and tried to call and book but could not get through over two days and also when trying to book online, there was no way of picking a date with dealer so I assumed they had closed.

I booked my service in at West London Seat near Kew bridge and had my second service done there last week.

Perfect timing with the VW scandal hmmmm.
My Mk3 is not affected though.

I am in Wandsworth and the closest dealers to me are now in Kew or Croydon.

djs99

Oct 7, 2008
Just had a letter from Seat about this telling us they aren't selling or servicing Seats any more - its a shame - we've had our last three cars from them - a Leon then an Altea then our current Alhambra and all servicing and repairs since 2001 - they have always been helpful and easy to deal with. Any suggestions for alternatives around Wimbledon or Esher/Walton would be appreciated!

Andy.s.scfr184

Apr 9, 2015
I bought my Leon there 2 years ago.

Used them for first service last october and all good.
Got an email a month ago saying service was due soon and tried to call and book but could not get through over two days and also when trying to book online, there was no way of picking a date with dealer so I assumed they had closed.

I booked my service in at West London Seat near Kew bridge and had my second service done there last week.

Perfect timing with the VW scandal hmmmm.
My Mk3 is not affected though.

I am in Wandsworth and the closest dealers to me are now in Kew or Croydon.
Hi Sixysix, I have just booked my 2nd year service at West London Seat (online booking ) , They just telephoned me saying they dont provide insurance for their loan car , and that i will need to provide my own insurance including a certificate with their cars registration on it , apparently they are going to ring me again nx Monday , with the registration number . Now this seems to be a bit inconvenient of course my insurance company will charge to produce a certificate, that is only needed for one day , a few hours even ! . just wondered if they had said the same to you ?, seems my car very similar to yours except standard wheels and no sunroof , a 14 plate . anyways . Cheers Andy

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Hi Sixysix, I have just booked my 2nd year service at West London Seat (online booking ) , They just telephoned me saying they dont provide insurance for their loan car , and that i will need to provide my own insurance including a certificate with their cars registration on it , apparently they are going to ring me again nx Monday , with the registration number . Now this seems to be a bit inconvenient of course my insurance company will charge to produce a certificate, that is only needed for one day , a few hours even ! . just wondered if they had said the same to you ?, seems my car very similar to yours except standard wheels and no sunroof , a 14 plate . anyways . Cheers Andy

Hi Andy,

Think they charge £15 for car for the day and you would need you're own insurance.
Too much hassle really.

I just went for a stroll as they need a couple of hours to do the service. They also have a waiting area so you could just wait until the car is ready, just let them know that you are going to wait so they know not to take all day :lol:

It's a 2 hour time slot you pick when booking car in so unless you have to be anywhere else during that time, I would just hang around and save yourself the extra hassle and cost :)

Andy.s.scfr184

Apr 9, 2015
So had my 2nd year service done today at west london seat . afraid it took almost 4 hours ! , anyways a point to note , when done and i was being handed back the service book and paperwork ect , i noticed that they had not replaced the fuel filter on the car , so i questioned this and was told the computer says no , however on the service advisers desk (Jack Jones ) , he has a printed mouse mat that has the service schedule,s printed on it , and i pointed out , that it clearly states, a fuel filter change is due , at 2nd service .,and then every 2nd service. i understand a blocked fuel filter can lead to damage to the injector rails, so insisted that they do it ! . which they did reluctantly i have to say .
Might be worth checking your service book to make sure they did yours . one other point on leaving there i noticed the car went in to an active regen cycle immediately, so assume they must have told the ecu do do it via the computer , however a short drive home in aternoon traffic of course it didnt complete, so will take for a bit of a blast late tonight or tom , just a bit upset that they didnt mention it .
Regards Andy

jc74

Dec 7, 2015
I know I'm joining this thread a bit late. But My Seat was booked in for service last October at Spur garages.
They phoned me the day they were closing cancelling my booking. The guy seemed quite upset, since they had no idea it was closing until that day. Anyway I rebooked at Kinghams in Croydon who did my service just fine. Unfortunately they didn't have a loan car available nor could do a pick up service on such short notice. Other than that they were fine.
I bought my car from SG Smith of Croydon, who lost their Seat franchise a couple of years back.
So now I'm thinking of buying another Seat, but the next closest dealership which sells cars is Crawley Seat, but from a quick google search, they're closing down too.

This is now a great concern since there's going to be no local dealerships for SW London. And looking at UK new registration figures, Seat is something like 30% down on last year... It's certainly enough to make me think of switching brands, having seen the fate of Rover and Saab in the past...

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
I am thinking the same thing,
Soon there will be no local dealers in SW london.

The dealer near Kew has now closed although they were shared with Suzuki who say they can still do service for SEAT.

I might look around and see if local Audi or VW will do service work and if you will still keep the SEAT assist breakdown cover that we get with our annual service.

God knows what will happen if we need any warranty work doing now :(

Love my car but even I am thinking of jumping ship with all these dealers closing.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.