Marshall Seat Leicester - BEWARE!!

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
I have been looking for a Supercopa for a little while and saw that Marshall's Leicester have a Black one and had been reduced to £13,600 from 14,750, couple that with 0% finance on used cars, I was very interested.
I have an '08 Cupra I want to part exchange and due to me living in Ipswich the deal was done over the phone with me sending pictures of my car to get the PX value and expecting the Supercopa to be a quality used car which looked really good in the pictures.
Firstly I have to say the salesman was quite good in communication but the managers were both quite rude and didn't really want to be too helpful or really gave a **** if I bought the car or not.
I had arranged on Thursday to pick the Supercopa up this morning and the finance was applied for on Thursday before the bank holiday and someone was supposed to call me on Good Friday to tell me if it had gone through. Needless to say i didn't hear anything so I had to chase on Saturday, which again I heard nothing and then had a message left at 6.30pm on Saturday which didn't say that everything was OK or not and that the salesman was now going home, when I rang back no answer. I had to call them this morning to check everything was OK only to be told they had put the finance through wrong and they had to reapply. This went through OK whilst I was on the phone to them and it was agreed I could pick the car up today.
After driving 125 miles to the dealership the salesman was busy so I went to find the Supercopa which I found round the back of the dealership. Walking up to the car it looked clean and quite nice even in the shade. I started to look over the car and within two minutes found the first shocker, the passenger side door has an approx 3 inch diameter area of filler which had been applied very poorly and you could see the finish was really rippled. The paint was clearly different on that door and there was overspray on the passenger front wing and side skirt. This alone put me right off the car. On further inspection all 4 tyres were a different make and really crap cheap brands. Then I found the next shocker, one of the tyres had a direction of rotation arrow on it and it was facing the wrong way this wheel had clearly been put back on the car in the wrong place!! Further inspection found the rear bumper to have many very poor attempts and covering chunks of the paint that had been damaged.
I immediately went to find the manager and told him his car wasn't as I expected and he claimed not to know anything about these faults I had found so I showed him and he just stood there and said 'Oh well do you want a refund'. Needless to say I said yes but then when in the office he had left the supervisor card for the PDQ machine at home so couldn't refund my £500 deposit, I have to phone them tomorrow to get this sorted. No real apology for the 250 mile round trip and most of the day I had just wasted.

I am never going to go back to this or any other Marshall's dealership ever again!! No wonder they have to do 0% on used cars to entice people in as this is the only way they can sell cars due to their sheer incompetence.

ryancoyle1989

Mar 23, 2015
Sounds like a pack of cowboys. Think there should be a car show called cowboy cars. If an offer sounds too good to be true, it usually is

koush

Oct 30, 2010
Churchdown,Gloucester
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up, I have been dealing with them about the same car. I was going to view it today, but cancelled. I phoned today to rearrange, and they are telling me that the car has gone to 'vehicle prep' to have a scratch sorted out and that the sales man will call me when the car comes back. I also asked about the 0% financing, he told it was no longer available, but their website clearly says 0% financing on all used vehicles.

Koush

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up, I have been dealing with them about the same car. I was going to view it today, but cancelled. I phoned today to rearrange, and they are telling me that the car has gone to 'vehicle prep' to have a scratch sorted out and that the sales man will call me when the car comes back. I also asked about the 0% financing, he told it was no longer available, but their website clearly says 0% financing on all used vehicles.

Koush

No probs mate.
I did actually put a complaint in to Seat UK about the dealership and that car. I had the new sales manager on the phone during the week and I told him exactly what I thought of that car. He then told me he was going to inspect it and decide what to do with it. It looks like they have decided to have it repaired, hopefully properly this time!!
If you do go look at it bear in mind it has been resprayed and I bet the filler will still be there as I doubt it will have a new door on it. Also ask yourself why the car has 4 different tyres on it at only 19,000 miles. What has the car been used for to wear all 4 tyres in 19,000 miles?
As for the 0% I still have the email I was sent about the offer and it says it is on until 30th April and on ALL used cars including this one as I had the 0% finance approved on it. This is typical of Marshalls sales they are bullshitters. I have experience of their Cambridge branch as well and they bullshit just as bad about what you can and can't have. I bet they don't want to give you 0% on this car as they will want to claw back some of the repair cost via an over inflated finance rate.
If you PM me your email address I'll send you the email.

If I were you mate I would avoid ALL Marshalls dealerships and go somewhere more reputable as they are a bunch of sharks. Forget that car it is a wreck! move on and find another, a properly cared for one will turn up for you as it has for me.

koush

Oct 30, 2010
Churchdown,Gloucester
Hi,

I think I am going to give it a miss, like you say, there too many unanswered questions, and I were to pursue this car after knowing this info, I'd be a fool.

Koush

jase666

Apr 1, 2016
Forgive the thread resurrection but I thought I'd share my experience. I've just bought a supercopa from marshalls Leicester and had an altogether different experience. Barry dealt with us and was 100% professional, full of advice and didn't try to push us one bit. Very happy with the car, there were a couple of issues which they dealt with without question. This was a car they had sold from new and serviced for the previous owner since.They do seem biased toward new cars sales but that's like most dealers. As a year has passed maybe they've got their act together? Overall i couldn't fault them.

Smudger

Apr 2, 2016
Good to know. I am in the market for a diesel Supercopa and am always wary of dealers.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
i went to view a car recently that was a 15 reg, rear quarter full of filler and buffer trails

this was on a 19k car as well