Interior lock and unlock button won’t work!

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Like title says, my fob still works and it locks automatically when I drive but the lock buttons won’t work or light up.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

have you run a scan on carista to see if there are any errors shown

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
A central electronics fault came up, I googled the code but nothing comes up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
The fault code I'm getting is 922631, I'm also getting the fault code 01543 which is the 'parking aid warning chime (H15)' - don't think that's related but yeah, any ideas?

Deleted member 103408

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Sorry I am a OBD11 User and according to that and all the stuff I have seen re DTC codes are either 5 or 7 characters long so cant help with 922631 sorry.

check out http://dtcsearch.planetvag.com/ and it give you answer for 01543 (as does obd11 lookup) but afraid the other code does not show, the other place i normally look at is http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/vw/vw.dtc.table.htm. Have you tried talking to Carista support if nobody else can help here.

Tried calling Seat to ask if they could tell me what the code meant but they reckon they'd have to do their own plug in! ;)

I've e-mailed Carista to see if they know, in the meantime, does anyone else know what it could be?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I have found on two occasions that Carista has not done enough homework collecting data of fault codes and their actual meaning, though in both cases, the fault code retrieved by Carista was a valid manufacturer's code, ie the numerical number was correct, just the description was either wrong or not known.

So, if you have retrieved a code 922631, then either that is an error from the car, or ??? Pity you did not email yourself the actual report from Carista when connected to that car as it might have contained some extra info - I always, without exception do that - and from now on so should you.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
How much effort have you put into checking what that above fault code is for, I've just found that it is a REAR LHS MIDDLE PDC issue? Does that make any sense to you?

Deleted member 103408

How much effort have you put into checking what that above fault code is for, I've just found that it is a REAR LHS MIDDLE PDC issue? Does that make any sense to you?

Where did you find that info please as I had a look as well in the usual places for me.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Where did you find that info please as I had a look as well in the usual places for me.

I'll partially retract that claim, though it does seem that that code is still an unknown "manufacturer specific code" for the central electronics module, and probably related to the parking system.

I'd think that it needs read by the official VW Group diagnostic tool and as someone would be paying for that privilege, then demand a full description of what was found so that we all now know what that code relates to.

Edit:- I changed convenience to central electronics.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd expect that in time, all these new codes will have their descriptions published, just a pity when you are the first person to report them.

I have always managed to find correct descriptions for fault codes from VCDS, even when Carista thought that an AC compressor control issue was due to the compressor's ABS valve front left circuit being faulty - I handed the correct description over to Carista, then later had a "manufacturer specific" code for the MMI which VCDS described as intermittent fault with the On/Off switch.

Relative Air Humidity Interior Sender:

1 Fault Found:
922631 - Indicator Lamp for Driving Profile Selection
B1428 11 [008] - Short to Ground
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Well that is what VCDS makes of that fault code, I seem to remember that your car is still under warranty, so you will need to hand it in to get checked/fixed/fobbed off.

Last edited:

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Turns out it wasn't related to the lock button, so I couldn't give one about the fault code at the moment!

Lock buttons are working again because of an error with Carista... there's two options to enable and disable beeping while locking. There's a released version and an experimental version... they have no difference to me it seems, except the experimental one is enabled - so I disabled it and voila! Lock button stopped working.

Reported to Carista, thank god I don't have any issues for now

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that there might be a lesson to learn here, and that is to stand back from running beta s/w for Carista, I too signed up beta testing, but quickly discovered that quite a lot of VW Group car owners were having problems when things did not go to plan - nothing too drastic went wrong, just very inconvenient for the unfortunate individuals.

Now I understand that when you take on Carista and VCDS etc, you should be prepared to give them feedback and/or be prepared to check things out for them, but for my money, Carista does seem to err on the wrong side of doing more than enough testing prior to issuing as beta versions.
VCDS do I think, carry out a lot more testing prior to issuing beta versions of their s/w.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise