Part throttle humming noise (possible vacuum noise)

angelday

Jun 28, 2008
(LCR) At part throttle I can hear a strong humming noise from the pedal area, where the clutch and brake pedals are. The sound can be heard even over my radio at moderate volume levels. The sound itself is more like a "woo" sound... Like what you'd hear if you put an empty bottle below your lips and blew over the hole. If you play with the throttle, the noise goes away. Do you have any ideas, what is it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

angelday

Jun 28, 2008
(LCR) At part throttle I can hear a strong humming noise from the pedal area, where the clutch and brake pedals are. The sound can be heard even over my radio at moderate volume levels. The sound itself is more like a "woo" sound... Like what you'd hear if you put an empty bottle below your lips and blew over the hole. If you play with the throttle, the noise goes away. Do you have any ideas, what is it?

Anyone?

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
A recording may help but tbh can be very hard to get it to be heard clearly.

Add some more detail:

Is the noise there when driving or stationary or both?

Is it always at the same rev point?

Is the sound louder outside the car or from one side to the other?

Does the sound increase with revs to a certain point then even out or just hit at a rev point?

Even with all that, identifying sounds without actually being there is hard.

angelday

Jun 28, 2008
A recording may help but tbh can be very hard to get it to be heard clearly.

Add some more detail:

Is the noise there when driving or stationary or both?

Is it always at the same rev point?

Is the sound louder outside the car or from one side to the other?

Does the sound increase with revs to a certain point then even out or just hit at a rev point?

Even with all that, identifying sounds without actually being there is hard.

https://youtu.be/i7NFSrWbq9E

I put a short video about the humming noise. You can hear it at 3 and at 8 sec, when I release the throttle.
I can hear this noise, when I drive the car only. At stationary I cannot reproduce. So the engine has to be under load. The noise appears at around 2500-3000 rev, but I have to push the throttle gently and keep a specific speed and rev point. If I push the throttle harder, so I accelerate, there is no noise, but when I release the throttle and keep just in a middle position... maintain the speed, I can hear it continously. Especially on the highway at around 110-130kph. It is very annoying... :( I think it is some kind of vacuum noise. I deleted the N249 some weeks ago, but no change. I changed the PCV pipes as well, no change. The noise is coming I think from the pedal side, what means it could be some brake booster vacuum noise?

angelday

Jun 28, 2008
https://youtu.be/i7NFSrWbq9E

I put a short video about the humming noise. You can hear it at 3 and at 8 sec, when I release the throttle.
I can hear this noise, when I drive the car only. At stationary I cannot reproduce. So the engine has to be under load. The noise appears at around 2500-3000 rev, but I have to push the throttle gently and keep a specific speed and rev point. If I push the throttle harder, so I accelerate, there is no noise, but when I release the throttle and keep just in a middle position... maintain the speed, I can hear it continously. Especially on the highway at around 110-130kph. It is very annoying... :( I think it is some kind of vacuum noise. I deleted the N249 some weeks ago, but no change. I changed the PCV pipes as well, no change. The noise is coming I think from the pedal side, what means it could be some brake booster vacuum noise?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members