LCR - OEM breather pipework

Gaz20VT

Aug 5, 2011
Evening All,

I have an AMK-engined LCR which has had the original crankcase breather hardware replaced with some lengths of silicone hose.

One of the ports under the manifold has been blanked off, and the Y-pipe near the cam cover replaced with a simple T-piece.

Nothing fits particularly well, and I'd like to get it back somewhere closer to the OE setup. I'm getting a little oil in the charge pipe and the coolers, and I'm worried that this is caused by the slightly heavy-handed removal of the OE breather setup.

Does anyone have any pictures of a standard LCR setup? I've tried the search but I get mostly LC information.

Does the LCR have the suction jet pump as standard?

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Unfortunately there isn't a cheap OEM style replacement breather kit for the BAM engine. £13 gets you the full set for the LC. You could buy that anyway though, I think there's only one hose that's different.

Gaz20VT

Aug 5, 2011

Thanks Matty - I have seen those diagrams - the "Cylinder head ventilation" diagram is clear and I know which pieces I need, but what I am unsure of is the amount of the other diagram that's standard on a UK LCR - suction jet pump and associated pipework. Does anyone have a good clear picture of their engine setup?

Unfortunately there isn't a cheap OEM style replacement breather kit for the BAM engine. £13 gets you the full set for the LC. You could buy that anyway though, I think there's only one hose that's different.

Thanks Cupra Ross, that's good to know. I take it you mean the large diameter breather hoses?

Gaz20VT

Aug 5, 2011
Great, thanks.
That sorts the large diameter stuff.

What does everyone have for any smaller diameter hoses?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise