Ibiza 2.0 tdi FR Cambelt & break maintenance questions

SeatBull

Mar 25, 2014
I've got a 2.0 tdi Ibiza 6j, it's just done 63k miles.

I've been reading around and everywhere says cambelt & waterpump change between 60-80k so I'm looking at getting it done soonish, is this right and roughly how much should it cost?

I've had the same discs and pads from brand new, when roughly should these need changing? When I last had an MOT the garage said they'll need changing soonish, will it need both breaks & pads all around? And roughly how much this should cost?

I know it's all vague and depending on how the cars driven but can I have rough ideas?

Thanks for the help

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
on the cambelt it's time related as well not just miles. How old is the car?

when i had my 2l tdi i asked about and got different answers each time. SEAT initially quoted 120K miles then changed that to 5 years or 120K miles. VW and Audi again quoted different intervals for the same engine. Mine lasted 6 years and 80K miles and was never changed. It was needing done but I knew I'd never get the cost back come trade in time. I was quoted £400-450 for the job.

I replaced my discs and pads all round and the brake fluid at approx 50K. I dunno how worn they were but you could feel the drop off in braking performance. Think I paid just under £400 for that. The discs and pads were Pagid items. The SEAT dealer wanted £260 for just the front discs and pads alone.

SeatBull

Mar 25, 2014
The car is a 60 plate so 7 years old? I used to use it for work so it does a lot of miles but now I have a van it does 3-4K a year if that.

I've been quoted £500 cash all in from a family friend to do the cambelt/waterpump and put brembo discs and pads all around this seems like a bargain to me