Auto folding mirror mod

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Great news, now remember to close the driver's door before plugging the switch+module back in, or like me you will be confused by the function not working as expected at first ignition on! (remember this is a feature to allow you to keep the mirrors out in their "driving" position" if you want them to stay in that position for some reason - that is covered in the instructions, I just forgot because, who needs instructions? Probably everyone!)

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
I have an aftermarket switch, those selling on ebay for 5€.

It works but it does not fit inside the door handle thing, I have to buy an official Seat switch.

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
Mine turned up today and im very happy with it!! 5 minutes to install with some wire cutters. The hardest part was putting the switch back in :lol:

joshh1512

Sep 20, 2017
Is it possible to disable it to prevent folding, for example in frosty weather? Hard to u dersyand from the description!

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
Either unplug it or open the door before turning the ignition off

Yes but only manually, Go to the settings in your MMI and under one of the settings it says “Fold mirrors when parked” on/off, I’ve never had a frost issue when they’ve been folded to be honest, they’ve moved successfully without a hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
Yes but only manually, Go to the settings in your MMI and under one of the settings it says “Fold mirrors when parked” on/off, I’ve never had a frost issue when they’ve been folded to be honest, they’ve moved successfully without a hitch.

Ah apologies, I thought this was in regard to the VCDS/Vag-Com activated Folding Mirrors....

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Folding mirrors

Hi.

Just thought I'd post in here. As originally thought you don't really need this modue to fold the mirrors

I've just coded mine to fold on the remote. So fold on lock and unfold when you turn ignition on sweet as a nut:p. Saves turning the knob every time. It can be disabled In the infotainment too

Also planing to code it to do close windows auto when it starts to rain.

And done chirp sound on lock so you know it's locked by sound which is cool.

Looking into mirror dip on reverse but not sure its possible as it needs memory module in wing mirrors and I couldn't' find that in the diagnostic

Theres lots of other tweaks that can be done

If any one wants theres doing and are local quite happy to do it for

a bob jenna:lol:.

Mines ibiza Mk5 fl and it obviously has to have the motorised wing mirrors

Maybe will post a vid up soon on it working

Cheers Rick :)

explorer

Jul 8, 2016
Yes its possible if you have facelift model (ibiza connect) with can door modules. But this device is for ibiza mk5 without can module in doors (pre facelift)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes its possible if you have facelift model (ibiza connect) with can door modules. But this device is for ibiza mk5 without can module in doors (pre facelift)

Exactly, does no one read what this module does or which versions of car it is for.

In short, it works perfectly well for use in the models of Ibiza it was designed to work with!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hi.

Just thought I'd post in here. As originally thought you don't really need this modue to fold the mirrors

I've just coded mine to fold on the remote. So fold on lock and unfold when you turn ignition on sweet as a nut:p. Saves turning the knob every time. It can be disabled In the infotainment too

Looking into mirror dip on reverse but not sure its possible as it needs memory module in wing mirrors and I couldn't' find that in the diagnostic

Said in a polite way:- you muppet, this mod is not meant for your version of this Ibiza, read the information regarding it!

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Said in a polite way:- you muppet, this mod is not meant for your version of this Ibiza, read the information regarding it!

Don't call me a muppet. I posted in thread this a while ago stating I was interested and would it work on my car and the person making it didn't even respond or no one said f@@k:censored: all.

I even private messaged and got no answer so kiss my ass.

And I'm pretty sure the non face lift can do it. 6j and including polo 6r

:censored:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that you will discover, if you dig deep, that the biggest changes between the original versions of these Polos and Ibiza - and even the Fabia, was the changes to the "electrical/electronics" packages, and obviously the new version of 1.2TSI engines.

It was that change that brought more flexibility to the coding options.

Shazaiib47

Dec 15, 2017
Hi.

Where are you based?

Shazaiib47

Dec 15, 2017
Cheshire, near congleton. Why?:whistle:

Looking to get mine coded but wanted to know if my car would be compatible first. I’m interested in this as it’s a hassle manually folding the mirrors in from inside.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
I thibk you could create another topic as this is to discuss explorer device and we should not mix things probably.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.