LED headlight, help needed! Sparkie?? or anyone..

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I’ve not had interference with the stereo in my car and I have DAB as well.
Fog lights are H3.
Be careful which bulbs you buy if going LED not enough room to fit some of the bulbs on offer.
Also LED light not as good at punching through the fog as halogen bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
hi mate, are the foglight bulbs h3? Just to confirm before I replace mine

Yes - H3 are Fog lights :)

Neither do I although it is an aftermarket stereo, I may try some nighteyes then, did yours fit alright on the driver side as I found that the ones I got were a squeeze.

No problem at all with the nighteye ones. Lots of space behind the cover, and so long as you read the instructions first, it really is a 1 minute job.

Do you have any links to where I can buy?

Yes, see here:
I just fitted a full set of Nighteye brand ones from ebay. I was warned away from the super cheap ones you can find.

Really well packaged, really well made, nice connectors etc.

Arrived in 2 days and I am really happy with the performance so far.

Huge improvement over the original bulbs. Literally Night and Day :D

These are the ones I got:

Side Light LEDs = £4.95 (Ebay LINK)
Dipped Beam H7 - Nighteye LED Bulbs - 72w / 9000lm / 6500k = £21.29 (Ebay LINK)
Main Beam H1 - Nighteye LED Bulbs - 72w / 9000lm / 6500k = £20.99 (Ebay LINK)

Total cost was £47.23. Took about 10 minutes to fit all 6. Really happy with the results.

Gave the glass a polish at the same time. Super sexy.

Hope that helps buddy.

Another aspect is the size. The fan series can be larger and be a pain to get the cover closed.
Also the fans can't be taken out or changed.

Usually the fanless version have a smaller heat sink. It also can be plugged into two positions so it can fit proprely inside the headlight case.

Regards.

I cant speak for all, but I had zero issues with the Nighteyes behind the covers.

Could be something to watch for in cheaper models perhaps?

Ginger Si

Jan 31, 2017
Bury
Just found these Nighteye Fanless ones:

H7 Dipped beam.

Could be worth a go?

Only used the fan style myself so cant say how they compare.

Yeah I've put those on my watch list as a possible replacement, I've also found some by Nov sight which are similar but shorter. The ridges on the inside of the offside headlight cover on my fr with the first ones.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Ok I have ordered the bulbs, but am now wondering how road legal the colour is, as they are rated at 9000 lumens, which I think is very blue. Am I right? Standard daylight is 5600 lumens, and headlight bulbs are generally 4600 lumens

No buddy.
The lumens is the amount of light produced.
The colour goes from very yellow around 3000k xenon white is 6500k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
I have recently fitted the LED lights and I nightly recommend them, I went with night eye, fanless bulbs, great colour and output and a doddle to fit!

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
thats what I have ordered. happy with the normal lights, but if these are better, all good :)

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
OK, bulbs came today. Sidelights and H7 bulbs now fitted

But, how do I fit the H1 bulbs? There is one connector on the existing bulbs, and the LED bulb have two connectors?

I can see an extra spade connector that is on the bulb housing - do I connect the red led bulb wire to the one that is connected to the existing bulb, and pull the spade off the bulb housing and connect to the black wire on the led bulb?

Also, passenger side looks very tight to get at the H1 bulb. If I take out the three bolts on the top of the light housing, will the whole housing come out, or is it held in somewhere else as well?

Last edited:

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
If I take out the three bolts on the top of the light housing, will the whole housing come out, or is it held in somewhere else as well?

Held also at bottom, bumper off job.

Been a while since I had mine off but you should just be able to get enough clearance by moving the battery cover off, if not take the battery out.

Last edited:

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
OK, bulbs came today. Sidelights and H7 bulbs now fitted

But, how do I fit the H1 bulbs? There is one connector on the existing bulbs, and the LED bulb have two connectors?

I can see an extra spade connector that is on the bulb housing - do I connect the red led bulb wire to the one that is connected to the existing bulb, and pull the spade off the bulb housing and connect to the black wire on the led bulb?

Also, passenger side looks very tight to get at the H1 bulb. If I take out the three bolts on the top of the light housing, will the whole housing come out, or is it held in somewhere else as well?

If you look, there is another clip below the bulb, that’s the earth. It’s attached to the cradle. Pull that off and connect that, plus the one off the original bulb to the new ones.

Be amazed at the light :)

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
Without looking, I can’t be sure to be honest.

But with original bulb, there is one to the cradle, one to the bulb.

Both these now go to the LED bulb. If it doesn’t work, just swap them around, I get it wrong every time, ha ha

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
ah ok, as long as it won't blow the bulb thats ok. I know you can get the H7 bulb connector round the wrong way cos I have done that, and it doesn't matter. Switch round and its fine :)

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
All done, all working :)

Only thing I had to do was shave the LED metal slightly as it was too thick to fit through the bulb slot

Have to try it at night now!

Will leave the fogs as halogen, as they are supposedly better in fog than LED

Last edited:

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
Um, I haven't had a chance to try them at night yet. All I can say at the moment is that all look pure white, in comparison to the yellow before

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.