Car still accelerating in first after throttle released briefly

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
As the title if I boot it in first which isnt often and I let off the throttle completely quickly the car for a split second is still accelerating? Like a sticking cable even tho it doesn’t have one, any ideas please

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Sticking throttle pedal? Other than that i don't know. If the butterfly was sticking it should trigger a fault code and probably limp mode too.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Mine did this about 3 months back. But only once.
Scared the crap out of me.
Very wierd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Clutch switch only affects the revs between gear changes.

As i said earlier, imo the only explaination is that the throttle pedal itself is sticking..... The EPC system has numerous fail-safes due to the obvious need that you get exactly the amount of throttle that you ask for.

As far as i know, it should be impossible that the throttle body can differ from the pedal position without throwing all of the following:
1: A fault code.
2: An EPC light.
3: A form of 'hard limp mode' where you can't exceed around 2000rpm.

Last edited:

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
Found split hose on PCV breather system, all fixed boosts even better and could b what was causing my throttle to feel like not releasing immediately (literally tenths of a second) as was sucking in air

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Christ
Mine did it again.
Under a bridge in first. Banged down on the pedal for sound effects and the peddle momentarily stuck open! Not a good feeling.
Not keen on it happening again.

00lafleur

Jan 29, 2017
Christ
Mine did it again.
Under a bridge in first. Banged down on the pedal for sound effects and the peddle momentarily stuck open! Not a good feeling.
Not keen on it happening again.

Hi Sparkie , I recently fitted a forge recirv valve and my car does the same it briefly increases the revs but not every time , might be worth swapping the dv seeing if it makes any difference?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi Sparkie , I recently fitted a forge recirv valve and my car does the same it briefly increases the revs but not every time , might be worth swapping the dv seeing if it makes any difference?

Mines running a stock dv at present.
Think that could be faulty too?
What are the new 008 dv like?

Last edited:

00lafleur

Jan 29, 2017
Mines running a stock dv at present.
Think that could be faulty too?
What are the new 008 dv like?

I reckon I changed the stock for a forge recirv valve and whilst I get good boost its not right the revs increasing by 2000 in a gear change... short story is I have a 008 dv in the post to me should have it this week. Once fitted I will let you know.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I reckon I changed the stock for a forge recirv valve and whilst I get good boost its not right the revs increasing by 2000 in a gear change... short story is I have a 008 dv in the post to me should have it this week. Once fitted I will let you know.

I had a Split R. Bill at B5 said to go back to standard for when he mapped the car as Forge are prone to leak.
Apparently 008 is a vast improvement.
APR do one too don’t they?

00lafleur

Jan 29, 2017
I had a Split R. Bill at B5 said to go back to standard for when he mapped the car as Forge are prone to leak.
Apparently 008 is a vast improvement.
APR do one too don’t they?

That's interesting I hadn't heard that , tbh I was given the forge and so far not impressed, the stock looks more robust when I took it apart , hopefully when I get the 008 It resolves, the rev rise.

Wish I had asked before I didn't know APR did dv valves

00lafleur

Jan 29, 2017
Might be wrong.
Bill at B5 said stock valve was good to 400 horsies

So got the forge dv 008 resolved the rev increase but I still got annoying chatter , so replaced with stock dv and now fine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise