Installed my catch can... nearly...

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Sooooo.. catch can is installed and the car is running fine but I’ve sort of bodged the job for now

Due to been eBay shite the pipes wouldn’t fit over the inlets because the intlets were too close together, so I’ve got one 19mm inlet coming from rocker cover and the elbow and now I’ve got a bit of shitty 10mm pipe coming from the outlet just hanging down the side of the engine bay, not quite to the floor but majority of the way down.

My question is, would it be better to keep the TIP bunged off and put a breather filter on the end of the pipe and run it down to the floor properly when I get the right pipe

Or

Follow the original plan and recirculate it back into the intake, but I will have to get a hose reducer and go from 14mm to 19mm. This is gunna be the hardest way but the most environmentally friendly (boring)

Another question if I’m venting to atmosphere will it pass an MOT?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Sooooo.. catch can is installed and the car is running fine but I’ve sort of bodged the job for now

Due to been eBay shite the pipes wouldn’t fit over the inlets because the intlets were too close together, so I’ve got one 19mm inlet coming from rocker cover and the elbow and now I’ve got a bit of shitty 10mm pipe coming from the outlet just hanging down the side of the engine bay, not quite to the floor but majority of the way down.

My question is, would it be better to keep the TIP bunged off and put a breather filter on the end of the pipe and run it down to the floor properly when I get the right pipe

Or

Follow the original plan and recirculate it back into the intake, but I will have to get a hose reducer and go from 14mm to 19mm. This is gunna be the hardest way but the most environmentally friendly (boring)

Another question if I’m venting to atmosphere will it pass an MOT?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had three cars in for an mot over the past few months and not once did they open the bonnet, on the ramps the wheels/suspension/emissions was main interest to them. I have mine bunged as I want clean air going in now for 6 months with no issue apart from the smell sometimes in traffic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise