My Platinum Grey Cupra

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
Its pretty quiet, i told the guys i didn't want it loud so thats how they made it...

Ive never heard a bad thing about C+C, never used them myself as they were about £70 dearer than Elite Exhausts when i rang them.

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Very Nice!!! :D
Mines the same colour & I've put the old smoked side indicators on & sprayed the mirror covers a darker metalic grey and it looks the biz :funk:

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Cheers Teasy! Have you got any shots of yours?

I use the AutoGlym stuff for weekly maintenance (just tried their new wet application wax last weekend and v. impressed). A lad at work does detailing in his spare time and gives her the once over every 6 months, he uses a vast array of professional level stuff, too numerous to mention but he has great attention to detail! :D i will see if I can dig up some links to examples of his work.

What do you use/recommend?

jedi20vt

Your cars looking very nice m8. Like those subtle changes you have made. Loving the lights - suits the colour.

Where did you get your front cupra badge from?
Have you just stuck it on with superglue or does it clip onto the grill?

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
Cheers for the comments!

I had the rear badge replaced under warranty due to the letters peeling off so coloured them in and stuck it on the front with a mastic type glue stuff lol

jedi20vt

Ok. I think I'll order one of those badges in myself.......little changes like that all come together to set the car off nice! :)

Mines totally stock at the mo, but the more time I spend on here, the more my arm starts to twist! ;)

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
howz ut goin scott
hoz the car goin
wats next

Alright mate, am good! Car is going well too :) I've nothing else planned for it at the moment. Only thing I'd consider doing is changing the wheels and maybe lower it but as the roads around here get worse its putting me off the idea tbh! :rolleyes:

Ok. I think I'll order one of those badges in myself.......little changes like that all come together to set the car off nice! :)

Mines totally stock at the mo, but the more time I spend on here, the more my arm starts to twist! ;)

I know the feeling! I had planned to keep mine standard at the beginning then found SEAT forums and now have...

Stage 1 remap
BMC-CDA
Forge dv
Custom S/S Exhaust
Tints
Chrome Mirrors (removed)
LCR Front Splitter
Smoked Black Lexus Lights
Leon S/S Door Sills
Some Kenwood Stuff
Diadem Indicator Bulbs
Platinum Coloured Tax Disc Holder
De-badged Rear
Cupra badge on Front Grill
Fabia Rear Wiper
HID's
LED Sidelights
LED Front Fog Light Bulbs (basically a 2nd set of sidelights instead of fog lights for those who haven't read the thread about them lol)
Calipers Painted Red

And A Few Coats Of Wax! :lol:

Last edited:

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Now then Oliverj,
I just use Autoglym too, I sometimes use the (Autoglyn again) high gloss polish over the wax but cant tell the differance/if this is correct!! :shrug: that dark grey coloured wax seems to hide a lot of scratches off the kids [:@] piling into the car with school bags still on their backs & the small stone chips.
No pics of mine yet but will attempt to get some.

I've just come back from Calella in Spain & seen 2 great examples, one plat grey and the other like a dull/pale yellow colour :shrug: ....them spanish know how to TLC their motors too :clap: Merci [B)]

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Hi Teasy, the Autogly stuff does do a nice job. :D

I even use the high gloss and super resin after a harsh t-cut on the Brembo callipers as they have flaked really badly. It lasts very well and the photos of my car in my footer are taken post restoration on the callipers. They need re-doing every 8 weeks or so which is a bind but we love it!!!

Might be worth looking into the dark grey wax, mine is not too bad but I have the odd fine scratch here and there. Who makes it?

Do the spanish have the 4wd version of the LCR? I understand that was available in Europe.

I was at Donington on Monday for the first time in my LCR - it was amazing and she held her own. I will post some pictures!!! :D

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Hi oliverj,
The dark grey wax is "T-Cut Color Fast" or "Turtlewax Color Magic Plus+" but I cant decide which is best (about £9 each from Halfrauds or MotorWorld), I'm not one to spend loads - I just look around/try various products till I find decent ones :cry:

I washed & waxed it tonight with Zymol wash & Turtle wax Extreme Nano-Tech formula polishing wax and it came up really well with a deep lustre eye catching shine [B)] :funk: only problem is the fine white dust when polishing off but this is easily removed with another soft cloth.

I use my Mrs' old very soft dressing gown :redface: (cut up of course) which is a superb polishing cloth :D

Dont know ref. the 4wd, I know it's n/a in the UK. I look fwd to your Donn pictures

Last edited:

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Hi Teasy, I think I may have some of that dark grey T-Cut and Colour Magic - I bought it for the chip stick to sort the bonnet out. Sounds like a project for this weekend - I have a lot of cleaning to do after Donington :D

I was really impressed with the new AutoGlym wet wax stuff as no residue at all and very little effort required to apply. I don't have the luxury of old dressing gowns!

Pictures as promised (with next door neighbour co-pilot). The last one is of a poor chap who thought it would be more fun to go into the pit lane "at speed" and backwards!!! No polishing that one out! :cry:

I seemed to have a knack for heading out when everyone was at the other side of the track hence the dull pictures. I did have a Days of Thunder moment at one point where I had to drive through a plume of dust and smoke as someone lost it in on a corner and entered the gravel in front of me - very exciting but no proof!!!! :D

It really surprised me how capable the car is.

ojlcr8.jpg

ojlcr9.jpg

ojlcr11.jpg

ojlcr10.jpg

ojlcr13.jpg

ojlcr12.jpg

ojlcr14.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members