You Know You have a mk2 Ibiza When........

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
This post is fantastic.

Great reading whilst bored at work. It is all so true though, but when you look at the massive list they sound like awful cars, but I wouldn't of bought a 2nd one if I hated the first one.

I totally agree about the wanting to wave and the other ibiza drivers. And I also tend to point them out too.

Awww I love my car.

.... when you can wheelspin through 1st and 2nd. - Makes me feel better when someone has pissed me off.

x

e5sta

Sep 19, 2006
makes me giggle reading all of this

i know i have a mk2 beezer when...

the centre console refuses to light up - i actually call this my cleverly disguised energy saving bulbs - i bang the side of the console whenever i want to see the heating controls - same goes for the lights lighting up the speedo - one bang and it works again

the pedal box makes it an aquired drive tho now mine is fixed i am quite happy for it to stay like it is

That raspy sound that the ABF makes - hmmmm lovely

People assuming cos its not a turbo so its not a cupra (wtf [:@] )

Having to make sure my tomtom is fully charged before i leave otherwise i continually smash my hand on the charger or just decided to drive in 2nd and 4th

quoting someone else:
exhaust bangs underneath & you can't work out why no matter how many times you fix it - if u worked it out yet let me know ;)

that bloody rear wiper!

having to prop my cuppa tea from the kebab van in the centre console and squash my gloves around it so it wont move

someone mentioning ooo white wheels - thats nice and different - and you reply no they are standard out of the factory and they say really - and you know they dont believe you

how it looks like a mk1 saxo at the front cos of the lights and grill - grrrrrrrrrrrr

and you know you have a mk2 ibiza when you walk up to it in the car park proudly and think this is my car and i wouldnt change it for the world :D

jamiepyrite

Jan 21, 2007
It's times like these I wish I wasn't 17 and having to pay £1250 for insurance on my 1.4 :(

I really want the 16v Gti but insurance is 4 grand!

Although..

You know you have a mk2 ibiza at 17 when you're paying a grand less insurance than your mate with a saxo! ;-)

KENWA

Don't Crash It Hurts
Sep 5, 2005
This is a quality thread.

You know you have an ibiza mk2 when:

1. Your rear arches are rotten.
2. You know the colour is copper but your log book says BROWN!!
3. Every month you have to clean the gunk from the throttle body.
4. Your rear wheels dont white come out enough to sit level with the arches.
5. The light in the glovebox comes on when it feels like it.
6. The guy behind is blinded when his headlights hit your massive rear reflector.

Love the car thow!!!!!!!!!

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
also

you know you have a 1.4 mk2 when you can beat unsuspecting cars with larger engines off the lights, but you run out of grunt at around 4k rpm

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Love this thread :D

But if an Ibiza wasn't a great car, I wouldn't have bought a second one.

You know you have a mk2 Ibiza when your mate point to a mk3 and says "look, its your car" and you want to slap them for not knowing any better

Electro Ted

GTi Ted
Dec 15, 2006
Wokingham, Berks
makes me giggle reading all of this
Quoting someone else:
exhaust bangs underneath & you can't work out why no matter how many times you fix it - if u worked it out yet let me know ;)

Check the positioning of the middle silencer - If it's too close to the heatshield brace thing it will bang against it under engine load. The exhaust moves a fair amount under load..

This thread is quality...

You know you own a MK2 Ibiza when parts suppliers say "Sorry mate, Main Dealer part only"

You know you own a MK2 Ibiza when the seat belt winders are really really slooooooow

You know you own a mk2 Ibiza when people say "I didn't know they made a GTi Ibiza"

You know you own a MK2 Ibiza when you take things apart and say "Cor.. that was easy" then remember it's a VAG vehicle and it all makes sense..

KENWA

Don't Crash It Hurts
Sep 5, 2005
you know you have a mk2 ibiza when you pull the driver side sun visor down and the miror cover has automatically slid open, and you have to keep shutting it coz its annoying!

seatdude

Dec 2, 2006
Love this thread :D

But if an Ibiza wasn't a great car, I wouldn't have bought a second one.

You know you have a mk2 Ibiza when your mate point to a mk3 and says "look, its your car" and you want to slap them for not knowing any better
l
lol ^^^^ great thread

u kno when u hhave a mk2 i biza when it pased the mot

you kno when u got a mk2 ibia when u put ur main beem on ur heaters come on :wtf:

Mckellar

when u can insure a 2.0 GTI for the same price as a saxo quicksilver 1.4 :blink:
those seatbelt retentioners are a pain!!!!!

it all comes down to it tho, like others have said, on my 2nd ibiza and it still makes me smile when im driving it.

I flashed the lights a guy in a modified kiwi cupra and he didnt even acknoledge me, so that one is true aswell

jonmk2

Mar 22, 2006
You know you have a seat Ibiza when the rear windows on a 4 door vibrate themselves down a little so when you hose it down, you get a damp car.

You know you have a seat ibiza when your tracking is one hundredth of a degree out and it scrubs away one edge of your new tyre.

Ben16v

Jan 8, 2007
Glastonbury
www.gmvw.co.uk
When you start chasing down mk3 ibiza's and beating them just to prove a point that turbo isnt always best.

When mk4 golf drivers throw a fit when you beat them down the 1/4 mile, and they ask you what youv done to it and its standard!!

When you can fit 16x8s, spaced 40mm on the rear and 20mm on the front, and have your coilovers wound rite down with no scrubbage.

(Agreed with the 1.8T comments, that is annoying, but the best thing to do is to reply with "nahhh, mines quicker!!"

mr.aston

Aug 6, 2006
Ayrshire
www.myspace.com
You know you own a mk2 ibiza when...

... a 1.0 Polo parks next to you. & you crack a sly smile!:bleh:
... You have to use terms like "pre face-lift" for a car!
... You look at her 1st thing on a damp & cold monday morning & still smile!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
You know when you got an Mk2 Kiwi Ibiza when people ask, "Why did you spray it that colour?" and then you explain it's a factory colour and they don't believe you.

You know when you got an Mk2 Kiwi Ibiza when you argue if it's Kiwi Yellow or Kiwi Green.

You know when you got an Mk2 Ibiza when people say you got a poor man’s Golf but the Ibiza is much quicker than the Golf :)

KERMITCUPRA

Nov 22, 2006
READING
They say your not a proper petrol head till you`ve owned a Alfa with all the joy`s and heart aches. Well guys (and girls) i think the ibiza beats it hands down.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.