Pastywagon Sprint Dates 2008 - NEW 2009 prep

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
stuff copied from another thread

Cheeky - its so I can flat shift without lifting the throttle even when in a bend - the shifter has sensors built into it that detect movement and an ECU that retards the ignition for several milliseconds allowing the disengagement/re-engagement of the dogs

long term strategy is to link the mechanism to pneumatics and paddle shifters on the steering column a-la

http://www.powertecengineering.com/p...ps1shifter.pdf

http://www.proshift.co.uk/flatshift-...-for-cars.html

http://www.geartronics.co.uk/paddleshift.htm

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
pic of sequential shifter, digital dash display for gear number and ECU for ignition retard for flat shifting

very trick

DSC01131.jpg

down gears is push forward, up gears pull back. All the way forward to 1st gear, lift lockout collar and push once more for neutral, once more again for reverse.

Very nice action, superbly engineered IMO.

Fitting very soon.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
the thinnest of thin Z, Big G will be after you

Yes its a bit bling, but thats what it came with, I can only guess gold is 'the thing' in chech-land
Believe me, when this thing gets going, you wont be looking at the gear knob........

fitting coming very soon now the pickle is sat in its comfy, newly-painted larger lair

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
Latest:

Seqshift lever and display fitted:

DSC01170.jpg

New windscreen being fitted Wed (busted up big time now), new headlight, and then early next week shifter ECU, rolling road checkup and MOT

Then its playtime again :funk:

Ave it

Rob

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
latest - new windscreen fitted yesterday by Autoprice windscreens - excellent chaps and less than half the price of larger national chains - £155 fitted

have a broken passenger side headlamp so tried to get one from my local motorfactors - £45 - but the twin-light GTI lamp is only available from Seat themselves - £115.......ouch

so have ordered some of these for £130 for the pair :funk: bling bling

hl-vwpolo95-abr.jpg

--53840.jpg

182904854.jpg

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one with ChavTech headlights:p

Jesting aside I was faced with the same pridicament and picked up some nearly new ones 2nd hand cheap on egay, and they're lighter than the glass units!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
just dont paint ya wheels orange.. you could probably just about be told apart then.. maybe..

lime green - black wheels
black - orange wheels

both go RoAr
:D

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
They dont look too in your face, not bad actually.

Covering the fog holes and upper grill for aero purposes?

Another cheeky question.....have you removed the unused brackets from the interior, rear seat attachments etc?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.