iTB Ibiza Cupra 16v Track Toy - Engine Rebuild, Aero & More Page 73+

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I was shocked with how well it matched myself lol..... I'm happy that it all worked out better than I thought!

And thanks for the comments everyone!

I'm popping down Peter Lloyd Rallying this weekend to see if he will do me a deal on Corbeau Sprint seats and some side mounts :)

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Frozen White.......... Other words Focus ST white.

Don't like the ST but love the colour lol :)

Last edited:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well this weekend the cage got finished off.... day later because I took it home to paint strip (found some rust we wanted to sort out) and the paint strip stuff I got was crap, the jet wash broke and I only had till 5 to sort it.

So Saturday took it back down to the garage and used this stuff

Photo-0006.jpg

And god wasn't it strong hand wash, it did this to the paint......

Photo-0001.jpg

Photo-0002.jpg

Photo-0004.jpg

Rear cage all preped
Photo-0007.jpg

And then all the bars waiting to be sprayed
Photo-0010.jpg

The final colour.... Frozen White aka Focus ST white
Photo-0013.jpg

Photo-0014.jpg

Photo-0015.jpg

Photo-0016.jpg

(beeza gti)

mk2 golf 20vt
Aug 22, 2004
porthcawl,south wales
no probs fella! im well happy with the final product it looks good and seems to have stiffend the car up loads,nice 1 for the test drive...just hope you dont get to try it out!!!
and that hand cleaner is bloody awsome just dont use it to clean your hands:happy:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Thanks for the comments people!

Looking really good, im sure you'll notice a difference on the track, i did once mine was fitted

Already noticed the difference going through the lanes to my missus house hehe.... don't feel so much body roll now and the arb are next to go on hehe.

Looks spot on!

Where did you get your harnesses from? I need on for track days.

I managed to get them off eBay brand new for £60 each, no longer FIA approved but they were back stock that the bloke never sold.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Here's a pic of the car all washed up
Photo-0110.jpg

And these are what i brought on my way home from the gym this afternoon.... gonna fit them before Performance Action Day on the 19th mmmmmmm
Photo-0111.jpg

Sorry they not out of the wraping.... I don't want dog hair all wiv them lol

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
Right then, mission now is to get more power around 170bhp and I'll be happy. So after searching like crazy for a manifold because Supersprint does one but that’s for the LHD model and it would catch the steering rack or something. I found out that TSR produce a 4-1 manifold and downpipe, so ordered that straight away and down to prospeed to get it fitted, would have did it myself but there was not bracket on the sports cat to downpipe it was welded together.

<div class='bbimg'>
b9_1_b1.jpg
</div>

Noticed a lot of difference the car picks up better and rev more freely :)

So what car was that actually for dude, as i have spoken to dave at TSR an he is getting some made for the 1.8 GTI 16 Mrk2 golf, is that the same one you have? how easy did the guys at prospeed fit it?

Cheers for the help from he pics on fitting the cage, you should sell it as a walk threw gonna sale threw fitting it now :)

Thanks again :clap:

(beeza gti)

mk2 golf 20vt
Aug 22, 2004
porthcawl,south wales
Here's a pic of the car all washed up
Photo-0110.jpg

And these are what i brought on my way home from the gym this afternoon.... gonna fit them before Performance Action Day on the 19th mmmmmmm
Photo-0111.jpg

Sorry they not out of the wraping.... I don't want dog hair all wiv them lol

like the seats dave,ill have to pop up for my fitting!!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Even more to update on.....

I got these lot to fit soon

Photo-0115_1.jpg

Neuspeen Anti Roll Bars 25mm Front, 28mm Rear

Photo-0113_1.jpg

Samco hose kit for a bargin price :whistle:

And a set of Corbeau Sprint Bucket Seats
Photo-0111.jpg