Honeycomb Grill Fitted (+ fitting guide pics)

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
this is nails to fit, iv had the top off but i cant get the bottom loose i just cant get it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ktulumike

Jul 9, 2008
Banbridge, N Ireland
Points taken,

But I think it kind of adds something "sporty" to the grill, although the shape of the honeycomb isnt a 100% match for the lower, which is a shame...

I have other things planned for the grill still ;)

UPDATED:

P1010711.jpg

Jace
Did you paint the Seat badge yourself?
If so, what paint did you use, was there much prep and did you remove the "S" or just mask it off?

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
done it but it was hard work i still cant get the little plugs to go back in at the top its ok though. looks mint aswell im well pleased. got the seat plates, the grill the spoiler and skirts and the ring sticker on its looking hot il post some pics tomorow

Ibiza23

seatenthusiast
Feb 24, 2007
Northern Ireland
I have the honeycomb grill with the chrome surround and i have now bought a cupra grill with the black surround, im just wondering can i transfer the honeycomb piece from the chrome grill onto the cupra black grill? Anyone help

Eriedor

Feb 2, 2009
I'm probably being an idiot but am struggling to get the grill off.

Once I've taken off the top plugs I can't seem to pull it forward enough to get a good view into the back to unhook the "clippy things" in picture 6.

Any advice? I feel like Im putting a lot of pressure on it already and don't want to damage it.

owenwestby1

Thanks for putting the guide on here. Had a bit of an issue to start with trying to find the 2 side clips and then trying to get them unclipped! Managed to unclip them in the end without the use of a screwdriver, just used my hands through the front of the grille.

Can't believe how much of a difference it makes to a red Leon.

terrence

Does anyone know how the grill is clipped on to the ibiza sc? ive got the two pegs out the top but dont know how to unclip the rest.

noddyFR

Leon FR tdi 205+
Mar 20, 2008
Prestwick
"The grill is also held in place on each side by two clippy things, best way of releasing these is with a long flat screw driver, try & ease them out gentle, maybe a squirt of WD-40 to help. (cant believe how dirty its got in a day)"

where are these clippy things you use a flat bladed screwdriver on??? I cannot find mine to remove the grill. I am ready to snap the whole grill trying to remove it.[:@]

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Like the honey comb but not sure it would suit my car with aero kit. ?

Also the gloss black grill looks good on a black car , Mine is gloss black with black "S" But soon to be carbon :p

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
I pretty much just pull mine off! Because i've had different grills on and off the clips aren't as tight as when i first got it so its a hell of a lot easier

willywilson

wat u think of my one lads?

anyone know i can get its my profile pic? lol im new

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.