Honeycomb Grill Fitted (+ fitting guide pics)

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
black grill???

brilliant guide mate. Just wondering if you could tell me where i can get hold of the grill with the black edging, mines chrome at the moment but prefer it in black.

cheers pal.

seatterra

any seat dealer can supply you the grille,just give them that part number number i gave you.the only other option is to take off the chrome surround and get it painted by us or someone else.hope you get it sorted

Grezza

Nice one Jace. I used this guide today. I didn't snap any clips even though it was cold cos I'm pretty much F1 engineer standard :rofl: but I would've been lost without this.

BTW Lumby, I got the slatted grille with the black surround from Sere motors for £40-something. Nice chap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grezza

I only removed mine by getting at it from the outside. I slid a bit of thin plastic between the edge of the grille and the paintwork and then used a couple of taped up flat headed screwdrivers to 'unclip' it (after I'd removed the plugs at the top).

There is another very good guide on this subject elsewhere on the forum with, what looks like, images from a work-shop manual. I'll see if I can find it again and put on a link...

Grezza

Taken from terrymcg's post in "Honeycomb grill (not the insert)". I used another screwdriver rather than "lever U 30800":

If it will help anyone I have lifted the official guide, maybe it might make it easier for someone. Although I am not too sure as I have not tried to remove mine yet.

Anyway, here it is:

Removing
– Open the front bonnet and hold open with the bonnet rod.
To remove the expanding rivets -1- proceed as follows

E63-10088.png

– Insert lever -U 30800- in the space ready in the central piston of the clip and move the piston upwards and extract the expanding rivets -1-.
– Insert a fine plastic spatula between the bumper trim and the upper grille -2- in the area marked in red -3-.
– Place the lever -U 30800- below level -a- = 22 mm.

NoteInsert the lever -U 30800- sufficiently to make enough space between the plastic spatula and the upper grille -2-, to permit a flat screwdriver to be inserted.
– Insert a flat screwdriver -4- into the area of level -a- = 22 mm.
– Use the flat screwdriver -4- to lever in the direction of the -arrow-, release the clip -5- from its fastening -6-.
– Remove the upper grille -2- on one side and repeat procedure to remove the other side.

– Apply pressure to the lower part of the grille -1- in the direction of the -arrows- to release the clips -2- from their fastening -3- to the bumper trim.

E63-10089.png

Then remove the grill!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eakers

Surround

hi there, can you tell me did you replace the silver surround on the grille for the black yourself. If so where did you get the black surround from?? Thanks.

Kadiea

Great guide, didn't look too different but I like it. Good guide too. I would probably spray the inner grill just to make it a little more noticeable. I have a black Leon so not sure what color i would pick.

barneyclyro

Mar 24, 2012
Manchester
Fitted this today, I tried to do it properly (with what tools I had!) and eventually just pulled it off by accident/with force. Clips broken but as everyone else says it REALLY doesn't matter, if anything makes life easier to take out in future!

Mally

Apr 26, 2018
Honeycomb Grille

If you look at the 4th pic posted by Jace and once you have moved the grille up slightly you can pull it out from the slam panel enough to see into behind the right and left of the grill. The lugs in photo 6 are located approx 1/2 way up on each side of the grille and all I had to do was to use a long (flat) screw driver to prise the hooked section of the grille out of the vertically slotted holder. I inserted the screw driver to either side of the hand in photo 4 an diagonally down to the fixing. I may have been lucky with my first time attempt but if came out easy. The instructions with the grille are useless and my Dealer could not help either as their manual had the same instructions. The only bit of the instructions which is of help is the bit where you have to push in and up with you fingers to move the grille section up a bit. Remember to pull the top of the grille section out from under the top of the slam panel. See Photos. Finger pressure was not enough in my case and I had to press my palm fairly hard to push in and up.

Hope this helps

Jumbo
I’m having the same problem I need to remove the grille so I can put sum led lights on the lower grille .but how do I view the pics on here I can’t see them

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.