Mark's mk3 Ibiza, mk5 Ibiza mk2 Leon FR - NEW CUPRA 300 Ordered

NorcyUK

What modifications did you have to do to the splitter for it to fit?
And how did you fit it?

Your cars looking good as well.. i want to go down the standard looking route so just some small modifications on mine

NorcyUK

Cheers for the help. Im gunna order the splitter this weekend and hope the weather gets better to fit it

Im thinking of spraying some of the plastic bits on the body as well, i need to start a thread on the readers rides bit

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
IMG_0017.jpg

Really like this car, a fine example of the mk3 Ibiza.

Has the look of the Lancia Delta Integrale:

motoring-graphics-2_839503a.jpg

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland

Wow your right, never actually thought of that, it's like a modern day take on the Delta, I should have realised that sooner, as my Dad has a yellow Delta, not a proper Integrale, a 1.6 Turbo but it has the Integrale kit.

Not a great pic of it, but it's all I could find.

6761432a4594337120b908344150o.jpg

Just READ the thread title there Mark .
If its finished, then surely nothing is next ?

:L

Well I wrote that when I thought I had finished and was thinking about buying another car, so it refers to the what car discussion a few pages back.

Now I've decided to keep it for at least another year so I have a few more mods planned. Will update the title soon.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
A little update of my plans.

After my exams, I'm going on a rattle hunt, currently got one in the drivers door, and one coming from the boot.

The drivers door one is possibly the tweeter, its been rattling since the accident so should be an easy fix. Hoping the boot will be easy too, seen it come up a few times on the fourm.

That'll mean the only noise left is the terribly squeaky drivers seat. It's shockinly squeaky! Anyone else have the same problem?

I think the only solution is a Cupra interior but I reckon finding on in NI is gonna be a right pain, and shipping one over from England will cost a fortune, but if anyone comes across anything let me know.

Finally I'm in the process of getting a flip key. Well I've got half of it from David @ SERE and the other half is on its way from eBay.

Hopefully it'll all work as planned :think: lol

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
I've got a flip key, great little mod and my fob came with a boot unlock button, which to my surprise works despite my old key only being a two button! Pretty cheap and easy to do as well.

rhys_ibiza

I've been trying to get my front bumper looking like yours for sometime now.

Not sure if yours is as well, but my bumper is plastic and every car garage i've been to says that they won't spray it because it will flake off. :confused:

So is your front bumper bottom piece actually plastic and has it flaked off?

Also, did you use aerosols to spray it or some sort of spray gun?

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Mine has never flaked off. It was sanded down and sprayed with primer a few times, and that makes the paint stick.

Paint should never flake off if the surface has been prepared properly. I read somewhere that spraying is 90% preparation lol...

I didnt use aerosols as my dad has a spray gun, so he did it for me. He did a pretty good job too considering hes a tractor mechanic by trade lol.

rhys_ibiza

Ah right, just popped into one garage and they quoted me £200!

Did you use normal primer, self etching or plastic primer?

Sorry about all these questions, don't want to bodge it up!

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
Ah right, just popped into one garage and they quoted me £200!

Did you use normal primer, self etching or plastic primer?

Sorry about all these questions, don't want to bodge it up!

mate just use high build primer, best thing for it, and the garage is talking rubbish, so many people have colour coded their wing mirrors (including myself) and the finish is great.

cuprachrissy

have you been smoking something you shouldnt have recently? sorry but your car is lovely but if it looks like a lancia integrale than my name is betty boo.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise