Honda Civic Type-R vs. Chipped Ibiza Cupra

Deejay

no prawn sarnies ere
Nov 8, 2002
ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA
My above post was speculative that a CTR would prolly beat a tuned Ibiza,how wrong was I:D

After hearing of mikes troubles with one I thought I would give one a go just for a comparasion,and not being that type of driver usually due to me getting sick of little T**tbags in Nova SR's wanting a go I just let them get on with it normally.

Anyhow,the perfect oportunity arose for some serious tomfoolery,I saw a nice silver CTR at the lights to a 5 mile stretch of dual carriageway leading to the Motorway,I pulled up at the lights glanced across he did same ,the race was set.

Anyhow-Both went hell for leather,I immediately began to pull away and kept doing so,Kept checking my mirrors for him catching me but no sign.Next set of lights,we went at it again,only this time minus Traction control.......He He even better.

Anyhow after a few goes of this I thought it only customery to give him the thumbs up for his help,cheers mate who ever you were:D

Mike:I think saul was right about the dress!

Addo

Honda civic Hype R (thats right Hype)

I'M GLAD THIS LITTLE TOPIC CAME UP.
I live in a town house in cardiff and my flat m8 has one and we both work about 12 miles out of town and i can confirm that there isn't a cat whisker between them between 0-125mph (standard) . two other m8's got them, same result. he's beat me once on a massive hill at 135mph in hot weather.
The proof was on a 0-60mph sprint nick managed 7.4, bobs managed 7.1 (his is modded). My cupras 191BHP (jabba chip only)
A better race is my mates brand new astra GSI and even better again Corrado VR6 Mreg with 90,000miles on da clock.
I can prove the o-60 times. there on south wales crusing web site ain't that right shock_xe, his managed 6.4 i beleive.

:saber: :saber:

Addo

I forgot to mention i got 6.7 0-60, perhaps its to with some beezer chips have high bhp spikes and other have long bhp spikes at lower bhp. Although mines a 2001 model which kicked out a mear 142bhp std. that aside there still good for normally aspirated engines with 90,000 mile warranty whats to worry about. tuning potential is extremerly pricey and limited compared to the mighty 20VT.

:hammer:

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Originally posted by Deejay
My above post was speculative that a CTR would prolly beat a tuned Ibiza,how wrong was I:D

After hearing of mikes troubles with one I thought I would give one a go just for a comparasion,and not being that type of driver usually due to me getting sick of little T**tbags in Nova SR's wanting a go I just let them get on with it normally.

Anyhow,the perfect oportunity arose for some serious tomfoolery,I saw a nice silver CTR at the lights to a 5 mile stretch of dual carriageway leading to the Motorway,I pulled up at the lights glanced across he did same ,the race was set.

Anyhow-Both went hell for leather,I immediately began to pull away and kept doing so,Kept checking my mirrors for him catching me but no sign.Next set of lights,we went at it again,only this time minus Traction control.......He He even better.

Anyhow after a few goes of this I thought it only customery to give him the thumbs up for his help,cheers mate who ever you were:D

Mike:I think saul was right about the dress!
I take it your's isn't standard then? What sort of power you kicking out?

Shock_Xe

Re: Honda civic Hype R (thats right Hype)

Originally posted by Addo
I'M GLAD THIS LITTLE TOPIC CAME UP.
The proof was on a 0-60mph sprint nick managed 7.4, bobs managed 7.1 (his is modded). My cupras 191BHP (jabba chip only)
I can prove the o-60 times. there on south wales crusing web site ain't that right shock_xe, his managed 6.4 i beleive.

You going to the next one?? Looking for a lower time next time as ill have new Miltek Sports Cat/Downpipe, Power gasket and Race N75 & Twister Induction all sorted by then! :) Maybe run High 9 boost too. Just toying with the Idea of a Forge IC at the mo but dont wanna part with £400 notes :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Shock_Xe

Im booked into Stealth August 15th for Oil Press Gauge, Power gasket and Miltek stuff. Booked it 1st wek of June and this was their Earliest Date!!!!!! Business must be good!!!!!!! Having RR aswell, Tempted to have IC done same time but my mind is telling me to get rid of some debt :( Damn you Brain!!! DAMN YOU!!!

M1KETDi

Torque to the hand
Sep 17, 2001
Cheshire
www.SeatCupra.net
i see. all the best with it. your performance spec is similar to how i want mine. Would be interested to see what figures you get, glad your going 1st, you might save me some money! ;)

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Deejay
click me

1.8 20VT,kkk03 turbo,complete with Revotechnik SPS 3 remap,Forge 007p DV,Supersprint cat back exhaust,Dynatwist induction kit with "SPT" technology Modification.

With those engine mods you are not going to pull away from a standard CTR.

Deejay

no prawn sarnies ere
Nov 8, 2002
ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA
Originally posted by Neil82
With those engine mods you are not going to pull away from a standard CTR.

I never said I raced off into the sunset and left him as a ikle spec in the distance,must admit it was a very close thing,but still the beeza managed to pull away and stay ahead of him.

I'm not going to get involved in some arty farty debate about "my car quicker than yours" quite frankly I couldn't care less and the point of me doing this so called "race" was to hopefully prove to mike that something was pete tongue with his motor.

I holey accept them CTR's are a quick little car,given the right driver of course,but there again I do have a right foot like a lead balloon.

Happy now:dunno:

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
ctr

You will pull away from a stnd ctr with the above mods. Just about all the modded cupra's are beating them. I have done 1, Custardcupra 2. And there's plenty of others who have said they have beaten one in a straight line blast.

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Re: ctr

Originally posted by Madmile
You will pull away from a stnd ctr with the above mods. Just about all the modded cupra's are beating them. I have done 1, Custardcupra 2. And there's plenty of others who have said they have beaten one in a straight line blast.

Madmile hehe :D :cheers: MUST resist.;)

Pete The Meat

why bother

Why not just buy a Type R or better still a 1975 Porche turbo 3.3, now that will see both of them off:D :D

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Well try this then, with my new h+r suspension, strut brace, and rear wheel spacers i am sure i could spank a clio cup on the twistys. Whats your fave bait neil, worm ,maggot, or seat ibiza's being quicker than cups and ctr's ;) :p :D .

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Madmile
Well try this then, with my new h+r suspension, strut brace, and rear wheel spacers i am sure i could spank a clio cup on the twistys. Whats your fave bait neil, worm ,maggot, or seat ibiza's being quicker than cups and ctr's ;) :p :D .

Yeah I am sure you Ibiza with its 1995 Polo chassis handles very well with the h+r's.:cheers:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise