Recommendations of dealers - POST HERE (new upto date thread)

Darkside

Premier Seat - Stoke-on-Trent

Excellent service from the folks at Premier. Bought our third car from them, the quality of their Service Department played a big part in the buying decision.

Martinoutfront

mmm......heartburn
Feb 15, 2004
On the dark side...
Visit site
Darkside said:
Premier Seat - Stoke-on-Trent

Excellent service from the folks at Premier. Bought our third car from them, the quality of their Service Department played a big part in the buying decision.

I'll second that, just got my service done at Premier Stoke, did what I asked them to do also fixed the limp mode fault and they were also cheap. Well done chaps! :thumbup:

djcTDi

Dec 15, 2004
London, UK
WJ King, Sidcup

Ordered several parts from them though and they have always been very prompt and helpful... also made no fuss about ordering bits under warranty :thumbup:

Have a service due soon so hopefully they will be just as helpful then

WileEcoyote

Aug 6, 2001
Hemel Hempstead
Visit site
Watford Seat Service Centre

After having to put up with MK seat for so long,
My dealings so far with the Watford team service centre in Faraday close Watford
have been excellent. (not sure how good the dealership is up the road)

Always very professional, always happy to provide a courtesy car, without 6 months notice (take note: MK and Aylesbury)

Always prepared to do necessary warranty work without a drawn out debate

Stuart and his team have so far been very professional
so :clap: for them

(PS: if your reading, next time my LCR is in, please keep up the good work!!!)

R French

Autoworld Sheffield

Ok-good, not red carpet service but very straight forward and no hassle (yet).
Sales bunch ok and very simple if you state what you want, recomend the finance dept as don't shove it down you're throat and give an honest deal. Same again, state what you want and what you can get and they'll match or beat it.
Used them for last 6 years for servicing on Toledo, Ibiza, Cordoba and Leon.
Only downside is bodyshop (not in-house) but hey, no ones perfect.

davew77

autoworld sheffield
my ibiza cupra r started banging on the front when hitting pot holes, or when on rough road surfaces. booked in to aw sheffield. dropped car off and said i had had a look at the fault in my workshop found top mounts had excessive movement in. spoke to someone i know who use to work for seat uk in the technical department and was told the cupra's where known for knocking top mounts.Any way told this to the guy on reception who replied he had never heard of that fault. he went away to get a technician to go out with me to demonstrate the fault. when he came back i was stunned wheni was told there was a bullit-in on this fault!!!!. top marks for coming clean.
stoneacre in doncaster looked at my car as soon as it started to make this noise and said they couldnt fault itand was told to let it develope, rang them to say it had got worse and would they collect my car the reply i got was NO (i only work next to meadowhall) would not send anyone to stoneacre

ronnie939

StoneAcre - Milton Keynes.

Out of 10 I would give the 7.5.

EDITED POST....

Update, they have just offed both my mates whom own Focus Tdci cracking deals... :clap:

I Have had mine Revo'd and they said they would honor the warranty... :thumbup: :-o and that was from the dealership manager! :cheers:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

So they are a few faults but I did think they were ok to recommened to a friend, hence I removed my last post.

Worth a visit :thumbup:
Ronnie

Last edited:

WileEcoyote

Aug 6, 2001
Hemel Hempstead
Visit site
rs_ffoc said:
Out of 10 I would give the 6. (changed as the SW is being replaced. :) )

They are ok, got a test drive with out to much arm twisting, Got the car at a good price with a good tradin however...

There customer service leaves a lot to be deseired. :-o honestly if I could have been bothered I would have gone somewhere else. The saleman was a little arsey to be honest and didn't know that you have to insure a car as main driver not just own it/ drive it on a third party basis.

Anyway...

Car was ok, they took the **** on the tax so I lost a month :censored: but to be fair the car was ready in 7 days.

There aftersale care DOES NOT EXSIST! No phone call to check I am happy etc.. the fact I have a lump out of the stearing wheel and they are telling me that they dont think they can replace it. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Personally, I would go somewhere else. I have been to better dealers, and worse :hide:

EDIT : To be honest mate, I thought the car would turn out to be a bit of a dog (just my luck :bleh: ), however its 99% perfect.

100% Agree

they have no after sales care at all.
Their prices were way more expensive then surrounding dealerships, to have a courtesy car you need to give 12 months notice and when i had problems with my drivers seat runners, i was informed "Its the way they are from the factory sir. The car is so high performance, the seat will move around on its runners" :wtf:
:thumbd:
The arrogance of the guy behind the desk was something to behold

took it to Watford after taking it to Milton Keynes twice and it was fixed with no quibbles

Going to visit the guys in Watford was a revelation and showed me how customer service could be

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Premier - Stoke

Glad to hear that Premier have got sum thumbs up, ive just bought my LCR from them, without too much trouble, I have asked them to De lock it before i take delivery for obvious reasons, but they havent come back to me yet...... We shall see !

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
Camberly/JCT600 BFD

scotty76 said:
Polite and efficient service. Not rocket science - 20k mile Leon Cupra service - but still good service.

Car was washed and hoovered on return. Provided me with a courtesy car though I had to insure it via my policy (no big deal).

Price was average, see here if you're interested:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49888

My Leon Cupra was serviced here whilst working down south---picked car up and a big scratch mark had been made on centre console, although to be fair to them, when I complained, they sent a relacement part up by post.

Im just about to have my LCR 30000 service at JCT600 in Bradford on Monday( mixed results before!! ) so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say '3rd time lucky'--ill keep you posted :blink:

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Had 10k service at Thornes (Wakefield) today. All done OK, although I need to go back when the bolts for the fuel pump come in for the recall.

Bill was £144 including £15 for an Altea for the day. I supplied my own oil so they knocked £36 off the bill (The oil cost me £17 from Miller Oils)

Would recommend Thornes for any Yorks people.

Mr Rusty

Listers Coventry
Having screwed up last summer by leaving the pollen filter cover off after a service in June with the resultant swimming pool in passenger footwell again (second time in 5 years). Listers have made ammends today by doing MOT and a valet for free. However wife picked up new Ibiza 1.4 Sport last week so that may be why i'm getting looked after now.

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
JCT 600 Bradford

Im just about to have my LCR 30000 service at JCT600 in Bradford on Monday( mixed results before!! ) so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say '3rd time lucky'--ill keep you posted :blink:[/QUOTE]

Just my car serviced and a 'few' jobs done. I will try to remain as objective as possible!

1-30000 mile service-all ok so far
2-New set of wheels fitted under warranty-All ok-tyres changed without a mark, just greasy fingerprints/marks to spoil it.
3-Rear wash pipe off 2nd time-Ok now.
4-Car unstable at rear under heavy braking-Front pads changed due to wear-but the problem was there when the last set of pads were new-ish--testing needed to check if resolved.
5-Steering wheel off centre since new-Small scuff marks were found on old set of wheels before changing-JCT beleive this is the reason the wheel is offset and wont do anything about steering wheel!.
6-Horn only working in one tone-2nd visit to fix-Ok now.
7-Dash rattle in instrument area-2nd visit to fix-Ok so far.BACK AGAIN AFTER 1 WEEK!!!!!
8-Drivers seat base clunking and loose-2nd visit to fix-Still loose and clunking!-another visit required!
9-Folding mirror switch intermitently doesnt work at all-JCT technician blamed external damage to offside mirror!-Upon personal inspection, no damage was found!!-JCT to inspect on next visit.
10-Rear offside folding seat handle snapped off-Parts not in stock-JCT to order and fit asap.

Overall I suppose I feel let down.
I did have a courtesy car(booked two weeks before), my car was wet with a jet wash, which basically doesnt clean your car at all. No clean inside at all. No phone call to say my car was ready. Apparently(after talking to the technician) my car was ready the day before I rang to check on progress!

The final thing that brought home the level of attention paid to my car was the clunk clunk that came from the boot area--upon inspection, the spare wheel cover bolt was wound in half a turn and the tool set and jack were just rolling around inside the shaped tool holder loose!!.
The service staff did acknowledege the fact that my car is in and out a lot and apologised, but I just get the feeling that if there is someway of finding an excuse for not doing some of the work under warranty, then it will be found. If you are prepared to accept the reasons that are given then the dealer is better off. If you are not prepared to accept the reasons then a verbal battle is required to progress any further.
To be honest im getting tired of battling now and I have too much else to do in my life and will probably just live with any future faults until I change the car...sad state of affairs! :(
Also just noticed that the service mileage has not been entered into the service book. A little thing I know-but points to poor quality!

Last edited:

cuches

hi fast eddie

read abt ur mishap, and disappointment with jct bodyclinic, ill be extra careful when i take my car down for its 1st service. just to let u know that the servce dept do ring customers to tell them that their car is ready cos on a few ocasions where ive taken my car down for some warranty work done, they have always rung me to tell me that the car is ready (ok, ok, i did constantly ring them to chase it up, but they did ring me when it was ready). im afraid that all service depts r bad in respondng back to the customers, i see it all the time cos i work in the motortrade myself.
btw eddie, what car u thinking of getting next?

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
If it was just the fact that they had not rung me to confirm my car was ready, then I could put up with that--its everything else that winds me up. I honestly think that even though the new Leon looks mega, I will be taking my business to a company other than SEAT due to its dealers. When my R goes back I will have had five years of SEAT servicing and its just the same now as it was five years ago-maybe even worse! :blink:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.