steering wheels, what will fit?

Tom_B

hi all, ive got a 2000 "W" plate leon and im just wondering exactly what steering wheels will fit. i know most of the mk4 platform wheels will fit, mostly without swapping the airbag... but my question is if im willing to swap my airbag what will fit? basically, will a mk5 flat bottom wheel fit and the airbag have the same connector?

IBD

Here Again!
Jan 16, 2006
North West
Dont take this as gospel, but I think they do fit, meaning you can in theory get Mk5, Mk6, Scirocco, Audi latest model etc.

I really want a mk6 golf one!

KingSala

Kingsala
Oct 20, 2007
Liverpool
I have a mk4 ibiza 1.4tdi reference with a standard steering wheel but I have a found a soprt steering wheel on ebay and wanted to know how to change the wheen if I win the bid?

And do I just swap the airbag into the new wheel?

Help:)

IBD

Here Again!
Jan 16, 2006
North West
I dont think anything post 1990 will fit, I know that the mk3 golf is different as the bosses for after market wheels are different (I know this to my cost)
MK4 golf onwards should fit though so really most VAG after 2000 to be safe
Not Polos of that age of Lupos though

Ian

Tom_B

I ended up buying a cupra r 225 wheel, fits no problems obviously. and theyre actually really easy to do. spent up on the cupra r wheel before the news that i could have a lambo wheel, definitely tempted!

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
I know this is a 4 month old thread, but still like to help.

R32, S3, TT or Cupra wheels are the best looking to get!

Here is my S3 Quattro one:
SANY0278.jpg

They are all straight fits on the Leon with the same airbag connector, only bugger is that I have to have that horrible Audi logo in front of me.... as the airbag on the audi is attached differently to the Seat or Golf ones.