Brummy's MkII Golf...Retro fun...

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
think it will be going soon Damo, its been fun having it, saving it from the scrappy, taking it around the 'ring and across Europe etc, but now ive lost the love for it over this last year..short of dropping some sort of huge transplant into it, its time to do something else and Ive always had a soft spot for the Mk2 Goofs.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Teaser pic....
2d6uoo8.jpg

*Cookies just placed in front, just to get an idea..

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Back in the day when I had a mk2, punto rear wipers were all the trend.

Personally, I didn't like it, but at least it's one you know that fits.

I just changed mine to lay flat but with the standard arm

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
I was looking at the lay flat mod last night.. might either do that (even with a flat blade ) or theres always the option of a full dewiper a'la the Biza ;)

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
OJ, thats meant to look like that, its a country.. mine will hopefully be lowered within the next few days. kit is being sourced as i need to at least change one spring as theres damage, so i may as well do the whole lot whilst im at it !
:whistle:

And, Fl@p's .. they look more like my Borbet A's ;)

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Nice purchase there need to get them onn asap haha

Ive always been a big fan of the mk2's i ended up selling my mk4 Ibiza for one now its getting a VR6 put in, have you got any plans on a conversion i saw you mention earlier you 'may' have.

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
been keeping an eye on your rides thread , but for now with mine, Im just gonna get the suspension sorted as the one spring is broken then the mot is due in a few weeks so it'll be put through that, then i'll enjoy it as it is for a while.. may do a transplant in future, but for now im just gonna go slow and low for a while
:D