Leon MK1 Cruise Control Guide - Pic Heavy

ajcupra

yea right. i think ill give this one a miss. lol. as nice as it is to have cruise controll. na also wots a bam engine. ????

Last edited by a moderator:

Kearnskars

Hi thinking of doin this on mine where can I get the lead/disc to programme it?

Mark One

Mar 4, 2009
Silverstone
Hi thinking of doin this on mine where can I get the lead/disc to programme it?

The lead and software is called VCDS (orignally VAGCOM) and made by RossTech in the US. Marshall industries are a good UK retailer http://www.mi-uk.com/

It's £265 ish, but well worth it if you plan to keep your car a little while. Resale values on eBay are high. Alternatively, it's a very quick job - you can ask on here to find someone in your area with VCDS to do it for you.

Jirwin

I want a fast car!
Jan 6, 2008
Swindon
Excellent guide, had no problems carrying out the job following this, just be aware that if it is cold your fuse box can and will shatter if you try and remove the purple locking device too forcefully!

To remove the wipers I used mole grips. Crack the nut slightly but do not remove, slip one half of the mole grips under the wiper and adjust the other so it is fairly tight on the nut (use the nut to protect the threads). Then squeeze the handles together and the wiper arm should pop loose, remove the nut and with some jiggling the arms come off saving you hours!

Reactions: SalSheikh

Mikey_Bling

Apr 25, 2013
Notts
Hi. I'm looking at doing this myself and had seen the kits available from Teeside VW, but wondered if anyone knows whether i'll need all 3 wiring looms from that kit or whether i'll just need a partial loom as available from German Auto Spares (and a saving of £50!)

Also, Mark One, fantastic guide fella.

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
Hi folks,

Got a pd130 Leon, got everything connected in and the guide I have says to disregard the ECU which I have done. Does T10e plug wire differently to the petrol if so, how?

Cant work out why I cant get it to work so help is appreciated!

Also should I get a light on my dash to show the cruise working?

Mikey_Bling

Apr 25, 2013
Notts
Hi folks,

Got a pd130 Leon, got everything connected in and the guide I have says to disregard the ECU which I have done. Does T10e plug wire differently to the petrol if so, how?

Cant work out why I cant get it to work so help is appreciated!

Also should I get a light on my dash to show the cruise working?

Certainly on the Cupra R matey, there is no light on the dash to say the cruise is on.

On mine i had to take the existing black/blue pin out of the back of the fuse box and plug it into the black connector on the stalk loom, and then plug the new black/blue pin into the back of fuse 5, where i'd just taken the other pin from.

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
Thanks for the reply Mikey, I have done both those things. Double checked it had been enabled in on vag com too :\

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise