Leon MK1 Cruise Control Guide - Pic Heavy

Jun 29, 2014
aqutybuv.jpg

Look up the part numbers in the original guide. That price seems realistic but you'll need ALL the parts I used.

I think when you say Mk2 180 you mean MK1 face lift 1.8T Cupra/FR

Sent from my iPhone using T

ilovemycupra

Nov 25, 2014
Devon
Cruise Control Query!

Hi,

I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I am being stupid.

Not sure if you specified but are those instructions applicable to a 2003 1.8T Cupra?
Only I have just rung the local SEAT dealer and they quoted me 180 inc VAT and said they also might be more if they require to add a bit of wiring but they weren't sure if they needed to because they haven't done it in so long.
How much does the project cost altogether if you do it yourself?

Russell

Mark One

Mar 4, 2009
Silverstone
Hi,

I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I am being stupid.

Not sure if you specified but are those instructions applicable to a 2003 1.8T Cupra?
Only I have just rung the local SEAT dealer and they quoted me 180 inc VAT and said they also might be more if they require to add a bit of wiring but they weren't sure if they needed to because they haven't done it in so long.
How much does the project cost altogether if you do it yourself?

Russell

Yes, it will work on your car, exactly as written above. Parts are available for something like 80 or 90 quid depending on dealer discount. Part numbers in post 1

ChrisThomas99

Jun 16, 2013
Plympton
excellent read, much more detailed than any other that I have seen, I shall be using this one over the coming days for when it comes to fitting mine!

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Thanks for uploading this guide, I used it to fit a £20 Chinese kit to my TDI last weekend and it works fine.

Took a lot longer than it should have, I didn't realise that the plug in the relay box was in two parts and I needed to unclip the bottom half from the plastic grid.
I gave up for the day and put the cover back on. After working out my mistake overnight it still took another three hours to finish.
I'd over tightened the plastic nuts and they wouldn't come off, if you are taking the cover off only do the plastic nuts up hand tight.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Am I right with the TDi you don't need to have the scuttle up?

Cheers

CB

I was thinking that after I'd finally finished. Since you only have to connect the wires into the block from the inside of the car so it could be possible. But the way the connector works I think it needs to be released from above.

The block you connection the wires into is clipped into the plastic holder then the plug to the ECU is clicked into the top of it. I got it out by separating the ECU plug from above and then releasing the other half of the connector from the plastic holder and it dropped into the foot well.

Not sure you'd have the space to access the plug just from below.

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Cheers

Mine is a 2005 FR TDi 55 plate, I really didn't want to be removing the scuttle if I didn't have to but reading through I think I need to?

I used to think these were just plug and play lol

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Cheers

Mine is a 2005 FR TDi 55 plate, I really didn't want to be removing the scuttle if I didn't have to but reading through I think I need to?

I used to think these were just plug and play lol

Removing the scuttle isn’t as bad as I was expecting, plus it’s a good time to replace the cabin filter. Mine was in a right state. But if it can be avoid then the job would be easier.

If I had to do it again I think I would first try to unclip the connector from below. Would be worth spending a few minutes trying. The connectors you need to separate are held in a plastic grid. If you can loosen that grid then you may be able to get access to the top side of it.

I do a motorway commute and I’m so glad I’ve fitted it, should have done it years ago.

Homer Simpson

May 12, 2014
Fitted mine last week, wasn't too bad. My purple connector on the main fuses was locked fast but got it open in the end.

All working and glad I did it, managed to get a genuine kit brand new and unused very cheap so even better!

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Had the same problem with the purple section of the fuse box, I gave up when the plastic started cracking. My cheap kit only had a bare wire to the fuse box anyway. So I used a soldering iron to tap onto the wire coming from the fuse.

10,000 miles later it’s still working fine, used most days. Trouble is now I’d like to have radar CC, since I could leave it on most of the time when on the motorway.

cyberpost

Mar 29, 2017
Hi,
did you check these modules for the direction indicators in the SEAT?
I'm looking for such modules for Seat.
Somebody knows?
Geotechpol

Last edited: