Puddle lights

Sep 4, 2012
Rainham essex
Since I've had my car the passenger front and rear puddle lights haven't worked so after reading other people's probs and people saying its prob the switch in the door at fault decided I would leave it.
But was just out doing my sidelights and decided to have a look to see if the puddle light bulbs are blown but they wasn't . So I got my electrical tester out and tested it. I'm getting power to the plug on the back of the bulb holder. When I touch my tester on the end of the bulb the bulb lights up and so does my electrical tester. So am I right in thinking its just a dodgy earth . If so where is the earth for these.

Sep 4, 2012
Rainham essex
So I'm guessing its the switch thing that's in the door somewhere. If so it will have to stay like it as I re-sealed my doors a while back with the butyl stuff behind the metal panel then siliconed the outside of the panel so I'm buggered if I'm scraping all that off lol.

Sep 4, 2012
Rainham essex
Typical lol just my luck. Oh well thanks for the replys. Might try giving it a good spray with contact cleaner 1st through the latch like you say lee. Cheers again

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but am hoping someone can help.

On my recently purchased LCR, neither of the front doors puddle lights work, not does the interior light come on when opening the doors.

From reading the above, the door switch seems to be in the locking module (Is that right), and is this the same part where people have issues with door locks not working, or is it a different part?

Any advise/guidance would be super appreciated.

crc_73

Mar 24, 2016
Yes, it's probably the door lock module at fault.

To get a better understanding of how they work (and then don't!), have a read of this thread, it's for mk4 Golf, but I used it when repairing one of mine, and they seem to be identical. And I had the same problems as yourself.

forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1542461-MKIV-door-locks-explained-why-you-re-having-problems!!!-(

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.