Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!!!

Sir Monkfish

Look who's Torqueing
Apr 8, 2011
Sevenoaks, Kent
It's good that Seat have finally got the message on this, good times for anyone from here on in with this problem, but a kick in the nuts for the many many people who have had to stump up megabucks for this weakly designed part down the years.

swanseastu

Thanks so much for posting this info. My Toledo has been in today and had 100% funded by seat UK repair. No questions , no hassle with great service from seat UK. All I did was call the seat UK number report my problem, they told me to take to dealers with reference. I even got a loan car for the day whilst mine was fixed free of charge Saved me a lot of money thank you

Alibaly

Feb 1, 2014
Scotland
My car was in for a new timing belt and water pump last week and I was chatting to the service chap and telling him that I had to pay £504 to VW for my golf when it had the ESP fault and he told me that Seat still do the replacement free for all ages of car. He also said that when I had my problem with my Golf VW had to replace the whole unit as a one and now only need to replace the traction control part which makes the job much cheaper. I thought that this fault was only on cars made around 2006 and had been rectified for later model cars.

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
My ESP light came on on Friday. I'm booked in next Tuesday for the overly complicated diagnosis procedure (as per the Service lady's reasoning). I told them I was aware that if confirmed, the fix is free.

So I plugged into the Snap-On Ethos doodah we have at work just now. 60 seconds later I had the code 01435 on the screen. I took a photo as proof in case SEAT think it's something else.

(I also found 1705* faults on glowplugs 2,3 and 4, no idea what that means!)

swanseastu

Dont forget to log it with SEAT UK, so you can a case reference number and dedicated contact name for case handler. Providing SEAT get that code when they scan they will pick up the tab. The dealers seem apprenhensive to acknowledge fault at any stage, where as Seat UK are more prositive. Contact numbers for Seat Uk are here

http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/en/contact/contact-seat.html

Tell them you have it booked in, and they will give pre authoristaition by email to the dealer

This is my 1st hand experience, but as ever each dealer might be different.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Does this form part of a campaign by SEAT? Just rang the dealer in Lincoln to check this and they have some technical issue with their IT at the moment, so will ring me back, but said that the only way that the fault will be resolved for free is if there is a campaign out on it.

Is there a reference number I can quote or anything like that?

Edit: the dealer did ring back saying no campaign outstanding, so no free fix. They had no idea what I was on about in a nutshell. Very polite, but not interested. Have emailed SEAT UK for further advice, so will await the outcome of that.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
Typical dumbass dealers. Call seat customer service. They were very helpful. Just say you have a G201 fault in your ABS and the dealer not being helpful/ignorant.
Or go to another dealer.....

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Thanks, hopefully seat will see me right then. Just wondered though, if is not the G201 at fault, will they charge me for the diagnostic work?

Edit: answered my own question, diagnostic will not be paid for if is not the g201 and would then cost me £70!

Last edited:

dunknat

Oct 1, 2009
I have the esp and Tpm lights of the dash but the code showing is 00493 g419 esp sensor Is this related to the g201 fault and would it be eligible for goodwill from seat??

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
Mine is booked in tomorrow... I know it is the G201 code as I was told that it had failed about 18 months ago but as it was not an MOT issue and I was not worried I left it as they quoted £650.00 I think to fix it.... So a freebie is a good one... Lets hope they also find why it goes into limp mode when towing too.....

lewlau

Feb 27, 2014
essex
Emailed seat about the problem, then got a phone call from them with a case reference number went to the dealer to book it in they phoned seat up spoke to the person that is dealing with the case now all booked it to be repaired next Wednesday if the code is g201 (which it is) my car is a altea 55 plate with no service history (as lost it when I moved and they was carried out by independent garages) just thought I would let people know if they was having problems with getting the repair done

cosmomatic

Jul 9, 2015
As per the tittle - seat dealers will now carry out a repair to rid the G201 brake pressure sensor fault completely FREE OF CHARGE!

All you need do is book it in for them to confirm the fault is present via the light showing and a diagnostic scan and they have the parts in stock, that's it!

No service history or proof of ownership is required.

As far as I'm aware this is Seat only at the moment .

Thought I'd share my insider knowledge.

So before you get stung my your local garage it might just be worth a call from your local dealer to benefit from:

Free diagnostic scan
Free repair
Free brake fluid change
Free wash & Vac

Enjoy :)

Sorry to bring back this old nugget.

Have this issue with my Leon 07 PD170, 85k on the clock, no FSH with Seat.

Got mine booked in next week for diagnostic, however everyone I speak to is playing dumb about knowing about this fault, and no one has mentioned anything about any goodwill - After I have mentioned it's a common issue etc etc... Can you shed any more light on this for me?

Iain

cosmomatic

Jul 9, 2015
That's just it, Seat Customer services kinda played dumb too... Surprised me a bit, unless they don't want to admit any liability until the fault has been diagnosed with a dealer first, I don't know... :/

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Hmmmm, I guess it would be as they are less likely to crop up. Get then to confirm that they will cover the cost, including diagnostic, once dealer has confirmed G201 fault. Explain that you are fully aware of this issue and that many manufacturers are resolving this Safety issue.

cosmomatic

Jul 9, 2015
Update: Went for diagnostic, dealer confirmed G201 sensor fault. Brought some bit of paper out stating G201 fault won't be fixed FOC or any goodwill as over 6 years old and XX number of miles. I acknowledged, said thanks, and off I went.

Rang Seat UK, was assigned a case manager, rang me back 2 days later to inform me I need to book in and get it fixed FOC, dealer had been informed :D - Result! Booked in next week, happy days.

To note for any lurkers, mine is a 2007 TDI FR with 84k on the clock, Seat service up to 35k when I purchased it, independent after that. They didn't even see my service book anyway, didn't show it to them. Car also has a custom straight through exhaust, remap and no DPF.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.