Rear anti roll bars... Seriously?

TerryCupra

Jun 21, 2011
Orpington/Bromley/Sevenoaks
I've been looking at these and can someone please tell me the point in fitting these? The rear axle on the mk4 chassis is a solid beam, so one shock bolts the the same solid chunk of chassis as the other side, so why does bolting a metal bat to it as well help? Now a car with independent rear would benefit but surely not the Leon (sub r)

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
Last edited:

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
It makes a huge difference, the best upgrade you can do to your suspension. I wouldnt believe it as well, but when I mounted the Whiteline ARB 24mm (I have 23mm ARB up front) and took it for a spin on a large corner I couldnt believe how my car transformed (for the better).

Car feels more predictable in the back, but don't go too far or it will spin out on ya ;)

I wanted the Neuspeed 28mm one (and then also upgrade to 25mm Front), but found it too expensive for what I wanted to spend on it. Also, it looks badass

Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB overview by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

ARB Wheel link closeup by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

ARB Link closeup by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Looking through my old Mak Fever wheels :)

ARB through 18" Wheel by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
I got the 28mm Neuspeed bar and an S3 front brace.... very noticable difference in handling! A lot tighter in the corners and, as you would expect, less body roll.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
These do make a big difference and in hindsight one of the best mods after a remap.

Had Neuspeed on front and rear for about ten years now. It would interesting to note the difference between stock front ARB plus just a rear uprated ARB and uprated both front and back.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.