SEAT Ibiza FR 1.4 TSI Stage 3 469bhp - 560nm

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
I see there's a drop in power when the supercharger disengages.
Also there's another drop around 6000rpm, are you having misfires there or is timing retarding?
Congrats and good luck with the race!

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
I see there's a drop in power when the supercharger disengages.
Also there's another drop around 6000rpm, are you having misfires there or is timing retarding?
Congrats and good luck with the race!
Yes, i cant fix the supercharger problem, increasing the SC to 3700rpm was worst because the valve is not full open, so the turbo cant breath* and the lag is worst, reducing the supercharger rpm fix the problem, there are not drop but the power is less.. So im just going to leave the car with that :D

6000rpm im not really aire, im not getting retarding, im using my own fuel and having 32 btdc at high rpm, thats a lot with out any retarding. Maybe was just heat, the dyno has really bad fan system -_- and i cant wait because time is money... Im thinking on use a new dyno Dynocom, looks better.

This saturday is the competition, i have a few new toys including co2 cooling system for intercooler.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Again small update:

Here a video from the competition, second place (0.08 seconds). im having a few problems with my 60ft:

Audi A7 3.0 TFSI vs SEAT Ibiza FR Stage 3 Etuners:
https://youtu.be/wDrpotWn3is

Im using LC at 2500rpm with 13psi (turbo boost), the car goes really good at the start point but after 4000 rpm on first gear is really slow, on second gear is faster but im loosing 0.4 sec between 4000 and 6000rpm on first gear, is really slow, so i try with LC at 5000rpm 5 psi, the car feels really different, second gear engage really fast but i have a lot wheel spin on second gear at 6000rpm so the car can´t engage third gear, im loosing 0.5 seconds
I
m using the slick tires at 11 psi, maybe less pressure or LC at 4200rpm… i dont know i have to test more, max rpm right now is 6800rpm so im going to try at 7200rpm, i can have a better power band and maybe that fix the wheel spin on second gear.

Any advice could help, thanks.

PD: im going to use E50 fue to race, maybe i can have better results, soon dyno with that fuel.

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
How fast did you do the 1/4 mile?
I can suggest some traction upgrades. First, drop the suspension as low as it can go in the front and raise it as mush as you can in the back. Get some stronger engine mounts (e.g. powerflex) and then try to limit boost in 1st and 2nd gear. Do you have a boost controller? It'll be really good if you could get one, preferably avc-r, as you can control boost by gear and by rpm.

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
How fast did you do the 1/4 mile?
I can suggest some traction upgrades. First, drop the suspension as low as it can go in the front and raise it as mush as you can in the back. Get some stronger engine mounts (e.g. powerflex) and then try to limit boost in 1st and 2nd gear. Do you have a boost controller? It'll be really good if you could get one, preferably avc-r, as you can control boost by gear and by rpm.
Hi, my top speed is 183km/h im doing 13.8 with 2.23 seconds at 60ft. Im at 2670meters above the sea, so 13.8 at sea level is 12.7 seconds, we loose 1.1 seconds (low Oxygen, less boost...). I have powerflex down the car and racing engine and gearbox mounts vibratechnik. On front i have eibach pro kit, on the rear wheels is stock suspension, so the front is los and rear high. I dont have boost controler, im using the n75 to control de boost. But is a good idea, i can try reducing boost to avoid wheel spin, the real problem is the 60 ft, 2.23 is too much. Here a 2.0tsi k04 has a 13.0 seconds time with 2.0 on 60ft, like reference, we are at really high altitude, so maybe my time sound crazy :D

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Hello,

I few updates:

1. 2.0 TSI adapter with R8 Coil Packs. Works really great, less missfires with higher boost, the car has a noise starting cold for just 3 seconds, thats disappear with this coils.

1.4tsi-2.0-coils.jpg

2. I spend 2 hours on dyno with E50 fuel, im using E50 daily, the car works really great and here is not expensive use that. I cant use more than E50 because here is really cold all the year, so start the car with Ethanol on low temperature is really difficult.

After this 2 hours i can reach to 302whp or 355bhp and 382nm at wheels or 455nm flywheel. Im really happy, the dynochart is better, i dont have lag, the problem was the wastegate. I fix that and now with 23-24 psi overboost and 21 at rev limit, the car works better than ever. I can´t increase the power because the missfire dont let me have too much ignition advance, im waiting for stiffer valve springs to test and in a few months forge the engine to increase the boost to 30 psi overboost and 24 psi at rev limit, and increase the rpm limit to 7200rpm.

Here a few pictures:

302whp-1.jpg

302whp-2.jpg

302whp-3.jpg

Last edited:

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Update:

Now the car is forged, we change pistons, rods and valve spring (stronger). The car has 42.000kms and im using E50 daily, everything was clean, valves, turbo... everything, like a 2.000kms car. Really happy with E50 for daily use.

To day we are going to start the engine and test :D soon new dyno chart, maybe i can make 380bhp.

engine-1.jpg

engine-2.jpg

engine-3.jpg

engine-4.jpg

Last edited:

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
75a159e72797272ccc092f8a000b68fd.jpg

Hello, small update, now car have 327whp this is 384bhp. Next step is increase rpm from 6800 to 7600rpm. I guess with 800 rpm more i can make 20 hp more. This is with E50 fuel.

Im using E100 daily, car has a lot more power but im still doing the new remap for this fuel, you can see a small test here, 25 hp more on low rpm and 50hp on mid rpm. I can increase more the power, E100 is really good, the torque is amazing.

8cdb8e5c26ed0bba0465a610f91eca5a.jpg

Soon a new dyno chart.

Pd: Dynojet has a problem with the rpm sensor so i cant read rpm or torque on this test.

Last edited:

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Damn.1.4 engine and such power. This is a mean beast for daily use. Are u aiming for 400bhp! :)

VAG Familia

Andresv87

Feb 5, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
New update:

*Kevlar DSG clutch installed.
*Shift times return to stock, with stock clutch this times was really high to avoid slip.
*Launch control works really great, now car is faster.
*Shifting at 6800rpm 20psi is amazing, i cant feel the gearbox shifting.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members