Carista with the 2016 Ibiza

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
Well you have 2 options of radio stations - 1. is via the multimedia screen(which you have all your favorites in it.
2. use the wheel scroll and see the stations in the driver information screen(the one between the RPM and KMH)

When I use the scroll it kinda gives me the entire radio stations in my country!! o_O
Can I change that ?

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Some time ago "true" but the Carista adapter is a probably later version of Bluetooth which works well with iphone, allowing the wifi to be free to comunicate with your network/printer etc - and that makes a lot of sense as the Carista app does by default like to email results of scan etc. This might be the reason why most other OBD adapters have not yet caught up with the latest version of Bluetooth - so don't work with Carista on iphone.

Good to know. Mine is wifi based but works fine.

MattH345

Mar 7, 2016
Well you have 2 options of radio stations - 1. is via the multimedia screen(which you have all your favorites in it.
2. use the wheel scroll and see the stations in the driver information screen(the one between the RPM and KMH)

When I use the scroll it kinda gives me the entire radio stations in my country!! o_O
Can I change that ?

You can change that in the radio settings

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
Can anyone advise on a recommended OBD2 device ?
Also what is the difference between VCDS and OBD2 ?
Thanks.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Thanks.

OBD2 or EOBD is the current mandated communications protocol for using diagnostics equipment to check for engine emissions faults - ie so that any garage can check engine emissions fault codes on any make of car from 19?? and so that "unlocks" any attempt main dealers made to restrict that work to them only.

VCDS, is a VAG enhanced diagnostic tool, in as much as it can operate in OBD2 mode to check any engine emission codes for car made from 19?? or it operate as a VAG specific scan tool that does basically everything that the dealer's official diagnostic tools can do.

Some of what I've written might not be 100% correct, but all I planned to do was to try to explain in simple terms what is what!

Read back through these Carista threads and you will see what OBD adaptors that people have had success with though the choice will be determined maybe by which mobile device you plan to use with it, ie IOS or Android.

Last edited:

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Thanks.

VCDS is much more powerful - it allows you to change most of the parameters of the car such as the assistance or weighting of the electrical power steering for one example. VCDS can result in your car having serious issues if you screw up the programming - you should always take note of the original settings before changing anything just in case you need to revert them back.

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
I have successfully used Carista to change my Leon's mirrors to fold on single click. I have been trying to get it to work on a 2016 Ibiza but they don't even fold with a long press.
Is there something I am missing with regards to the Ibiza, does it allow folding from the key or do you have to manually do it with the switch inside?

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
I have successfully used Carista to change my Leon's mirrors to fold on single click. I have been trying to get it to work on a 2016 Ibiza but they don't even fold with a long press.
Is there something I am missing with regards to the Ibiza, does it allow folding from the key or do you have to manually do it with the switch inside?

By default the long press in the Ibiza is set to open/close the windows. The only thing I can think off is to turn off this behaviour and then set the mirrors to fold via long press using Carista or VCDS. Have you tried this?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'm surprised that you are able to do much with the 2016 Ibiza using Carista - unless you have the later beta version of what they need to update to? I bought my Carista in Dec 2015 and while it is okay to use on 2011 Audi S4 + 2009 SEAT Ibiza, it can not do anything in the way of personalisation on 2015 VW Polo - yet.

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Yes, I'm using the iOS beta version. Most of the changes made for the Leon have worked but the Ibiza is temperamental as to what it will accept.

Does anybody know if I can auto fold the mirrors using vcds?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I don't think that Carista have released the next version of their software, so if you have just bought Carista, I don't think that it will be compatible with the later 6J Ibiza, but I think that you can request to be a tester for their beta version, that should be okay for that car.

Last edited:

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Yes, the BETA version is needed for the Ibiza 6P

There is still only limited things you can change though, see my earlier posts.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.