Carista with the 2016 Ibiza

ccm

May 24, 2016
Zagreb, Croatia
I've done mine 2016 Ibiza with Beta version of Carista. Worked well, turned on needle sweep, taillights on with DRL, auto windows with rain sensor and everything works. One thing doesn't work and that's a shame, side mirrors folding on remote key press/hold. I have to turn the knob for them to fold.

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
What kind of Ibiza do you have ?
and how did you get the beta SW ?
Do you know if with the VCDB the mirror thing is possible ?

ccm

May 24, 2016
Zagreb, Croatia
What kind of Ibiza do you have ?
and how did you get the beta SW ?
Do you know if with the VCDB the mirror thing is possible ?

Ibiza FR 1.0 TSI DSG
Just google Carista Beta and follow the instructions. Although its a Beta, i had to pay 6,99€ to customize the car (for one week of full customization)

I don't know if it can be done through VCDB, but it would be a cool feature.

Andyy

Jan 4, 2015
England
Is the total cost to do this £/€6.99 plus the cost of a Bluetooth obd? I would like to activate needle sweep on mine :). Also isn't the auto close windows standard as in when you press and hold the lock/unlock the windows open and close or is this something different? :)

ccm

May 24, 2016
Zagreb, Croatia
Is the total cost to do this £/€6.99 plus the cost of a Bluetooth obd? I would like to activate needle sweep on mine :). Also isn't the auto close windows standard as in when you press and hold the lock/unlock the windows open and close or is this something different? :)

Yes, 6,99€ + OBD device.
Auto close when you hold the button is standard, but auto closing windows via rain sensor when the rain starts is not. Thats what I turned on and turned on this option in the car's menu, so I can change it from the screen now.

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
that is great but can you change the auto windows from the remote to close or open with 2 clicks and not 1 long press ?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I Used the original Carista OBD. Its a bit pricey, but didn't want to risk it :)

+1 As above, saves time and money wasting, but there will be other OBD dongles out there that work - if you feel lucky, have lots of time and money to risk.

Last edited:

ccm

May 24, 2016
Zagreb, Croatia
Yes, this is crap... And since beta is no longer available, there is no way to alter the settings on my Ibiza anymore. I've asked Carista support what to do now, waiting for the answer.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes, Carista V3 was released last week some time, but it still does not include customisation for these newer Polo/Ibiza/Fabia - also I identified an incorrect fault code label on Friday, so it sounds like they are working on updates quite frequently right now, trouble is, Carista does cover a lot of car models and so with car updates comes the need to update Carista. I'd guess that they are quickly doing updates to match updates for cars that sell in large volumes world wide - these Polos/Ibizas/Fabias will not be big sellers world wide - though they are in Europe etc. I have signed up for next Beta testing, though as I bought Carista back in December 2015, I can just refresh my purchase when a newer version is launched. The trouble is, you need to keep your ears open to know that new versions are available, though I have signed up for their newsletter - so that should solve that issue in the future.

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
Got Version 3.0 but keep getting a message when trying to use customize 'check doors are unlocked' (which they are) and that ignition is on (which it is). This is on my 65 plate FR 1.4 150 PS. Is there still an issue with the new Ibiza's and Carista?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
In a word, "YES"!

Eventually I'm confident that Carista will catch up with these cars.

In my eyes the issue here begins with, Polo and Ibiza did not dramatically change their looks, but moved on to later electronics - so in terns of scanning them they are different cars to the early versions of these two models. Fabia changed dramatically and so Fabia owners should be able to work out if their car is an early or late version.

That scrip that you have quoted is identical to that given out to me when I used V2 to scan wife's 2015 Polo 6R 6C back in December, so any changes between V2 and V3 have not included the ability to customise the later Polo, Fabia or Ibiza - yet.

Edit:- hint, bigger touch screen means later version of car.

Last edited:

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
The beta version has the ability to customise on the new Ibizas and Fabias. The carista people said there was not enough feed back from beta users to implement it on the latest release. They have said to me that they would be in contact to allow me to have a beta version. I'm still waiting. Lol.

I suspect they will be working on another general release to allow customisation.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.