Ateca for a week

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
had an Ateca 190 TDI for a week thanks to the SEAT UK press team.

Here's the Ateca parked up with my Daily (MK2 Golf) and weekend car (Cupra) Circa 760bhp in that photo!

IMG_20170329_103447-01_zpsx5fytgqd.jpeg

I drove the Ateca to work and back everyday which is a 12 mile round journey of MK's finest roundabouts, so on my only day off decided to take it somewhere a little for SUV friendly!

IMG_20170404_190224_zpsfbcnh3u6.jpg

The Ateca has the ability to set your own door light colour (my Cupra only does red or white)
IMG_20170330_182926_zpsqkpmar2v.jpg

IMG_20170330_182934_zpslrmueky4.jpg

Mirror puddle lights
IMG_20170329_182057_zps6okxayxe.jpg

One of the coolest features is the 360 camera
IMG_20170329_181904_zpscimxjeum.jpg

The best feature for me is the boot opening when you put your foot under it!

So what is my thoughts? a nice car, full of technology and fun to drive, but felt incredibly slow compared to my 170bhp MK2 Golf TDI, it would be even unfairer to compare it to my 400bhp Cupra.

if I had the spare money for another spare car I would get one and map it to approx 220bhp, in my opinion it needs a little more than 190. a few annoying things like start/stop which I have disabled on my Cupra but generally was very comfy and nice to drive.

Apart from that its very much just a taller Leon. Be interesting to drive the Cupra version, even better would be a bi-turbo diesel version.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I neutralised SS pretty quick after I got mine. Some people are in denial of the dangers of it in a DSG, thankfully others more technically minded aren't. I can see in the roundabouts of MK it would get you if you failed to toggle it off at each restart.

My hate of my own car is the front passenger side which is distinctly claustrophobic where the seating even pushed back slaps a tall persons knees close to the dash and a distinct lack of legroom to get your legs out after driving. I think this is a direct consequence of the design brag that three adults can sit comfortably in the back they just nicked the front space. For the driver its fine since you are in the bus drivers position, for the passenger use to the luxury of getting your legs out to relax as you can in the Altea you feel like kicking the front.

I've had the seat out. I've looked at extender rails, I've got them but didn't fit them due to alignment pegs that one has to be cut off for the rails to fit.

So irked that this car is slotted in the middle of Seat's SUV range with that little secret that when they bring the big one out, if it's like the Kodiak, grants you the front legroom they have nicked in this design to get adults comfortable in the back. I know some people think it's wonderful warts and all. It's a nice car to drive but on the front passenger side particularly uncomfortable against the Altea and other larger SUVs in legroom.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.