Autel VAG 405 reader

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
I was just about to buy an Autel VAG405 code reader from eBay after reading many positive comments about them but I noticed in the description 'for petrol models only'. Is this right? My Leon is a Mk1 110 TDi so obviously I want a reader that will work for Diesel engines.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Just in case anyone else was wondering, I decided to against the Autel VAG405 reader and got a Blusmart OBD reader instead as I saw one reviewer specifically mention he used it on his MK1 TDi.

Gives a description of the problem rather than just a code to refer too. Good piece of kit for £39.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blusmart-Diagnostic-Scanner-Support-Systems/dp/B01M6YE0AS

Already pulled up the errors that I need to fix before I get a remap:

Manifold Presure Sensor (G71): Short to B+ : P1155

and

Charge Pressure Control: Postive Deviation : P1557

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
I went the VCDS Vag-com route to allow logging data and more, got an ebay special and use an old notebook purely to use with it.

In addition a bluetooth obd dongle and apps like Torque are other useful tools to measure boost, bhp, and 0-60, 1/4 mile and loads more. Get fun and informative live data while you drive.

Last edited:

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Might look into getting something more sophisticated once I've paid for the next few jobs on my car.
For now this does the job nicely.

JadeDin

Oct 31, 2017
Just in case anyone else was wondering, I decided to against the Autel VAG405 reader and got a Blusmart OBD reader instead as I saw one reviewer specifically mention he used it on his MK1 TDi.

Gives a description of the problem rather than just a code to refer too. Good piece of kit for £39.99.

Just found this searching as I'd read that on the Autel VAG 405 and have a TDI130. Just ordered the Blusmart

Thanks for the heads up

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise