Average MPG - Seat Ibiza Cupra 2010

xJoelinez

Apr 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm left a little confused and a little annoyed about my cupra.

Whilst sat still with the engine running, I tend to lose average mpg fairly rapidly. I probably lose 0.1mpg every 30 seconds if even that..

Is this normal? Only just started happening (That i've noticed). Could I have a fuel leak?

Another quick question; is there a way to stop your average mpg resetting every 600 miles? Anytime I get mine to a decent level, it just resets. :(

Thanks in advance,
Joel

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You really shouldn't bother too much with what the computer says, it's only an estimate anyway.
Just work out average MPG tank to tank by how much fuel you put in.

Besides that you bought a Cupra, if you worry about MPG you should have bought a ****ing Diesel.

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
that's normal, you are consuming fuel without moving so during that period youg mpg is 0....

CyanCupra

Nov 18, 2017
I have a 2010 ibiza cupra and my mpg rates fall at a similar rate to yours. But for a cupra owner, that's the best time for getting the best mpg haha . I average 30 mpg when on a good day, over 35 mpg is diesel territory.

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
My car averages 37mpg overall and goes up to 44mpg for journies. I obey speed limits and accelerate gently except when overtaking.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
If you think about it logically, your display is showing your miles per gallon, if you are sitting stationary you are doing 0miles per gallon, hence why your reading will start decreasing rapidly as it is beginning to go towards 0.

CyanCupra

Nov 18, 2017
That's incredible, I get nowhere near that even on a long flat run with vpower driving like an absolute grandad.

Renderman

Nov 19, 2017
I find using the cruise control helps a lot, give it the beans though and it's a thirsty engine

Last edited:

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Can almost do the full road without touching the brakes, except for traffic in the towns. Got a new PB of 78.6mpg sitting behind a lorry for 20miles doing 40-50mph:D

Yeah I'm the same, a lot of motorway too so I hardly touch the brakes. That's a nice figure but surely sitting behind a lorry for 20 miles isn't much fun mate :blink:

Shak-310

Jun 14, 2017
Hemel Hempstead
What your looking at is the average mpg which resets after a couple of hours of being parked up. So on a short journey the mpg will drop when sitting in traffic, perfectly normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk