RNS 315 connected to the Ibiza! Optical parking and Climate info via CanBus??????

virtual1

Nov 2, 2017
Hi!

I have a spare (US) RNS 315 that I inspired by a German forum wanted to see if I could get working with the Ibiza - to my delight, it was fairly easy to hook up and presto - the most basic functions like radio and phone connection via Bluetooth works like a charm! Of course, the physical fit isn't superb - and I'm considering taking out a piece (by saw) of the lower edge on the dash board to get it to fit, but at the moment, it could work fine sticking out one cm if I just could manage to create a face plate for it.

Nomatter, if anyone has tried this out at the forum before, is there any way to get the Optical parking system to work? To start: does the US version of RNS-315 support OPS? - I know that the EU version does (i have such a unit installed in a Golf) - but I cannot find any info or pictures of the US RNS-315 that shows the OPS info???? - if it would work, does it need to be coded into the RNS?

Also: The climate control is also meant to be shown on the screen when used, but do you need a special harness or adaptor to get this to work? Or does it also need to get coded into the RNS?

Thx for your suggestions!

virtual1

Nov 2, 2017
Hi I have already checked only rns315eu before half of year and ops is working in ibiza but this unit is too big for ibiza 6j, if you want original head unit fittable to ibiza check my thread :)

I have good news but I am still working on this project so info will be added later ;)

Thx! I've seen your thread, but today it's quite expensive to buy these newer systems, so it'd be barely worth it even if it'd be fitable. however - did you need to do anything special to get the RNS315 to show OPS-info? or was it 'plug & play' there? If it was, then I'm starting to Believe that the US version doesn't support OPS. I'll temporarely replace my RNS315 from my Golf to see what happens...

Anyway, re: the size - yes, the RNS is too big, but as I mentioned - if you cut out a part of the dashboard in the lower section, then you'll actually get it to fit! - it'll be somewhat of a hazard, but it's doable! This is in german - but you can see what can be done here:

(Replace the blank spaces with . and * with /)

www seatforum de*threads*230405-einbau-rcdrns-310510-in-den-ibiza-6j

Greets: Mats

virtual1

Nov 2, 2017
Thx! I've seen your thread, but today it's quite expensive to buy these newer systems, so it'd be barely worth it even if it'd be fitable. however - did you need to do anything special to get the RNS315 to show OPS-info? or was it 'plug & play' there? If it was, then I'm starting to Believe that the US version doesn't support OPS. I'll temporarely replace my RNS315 from my Golf to see what happens...

Anyway, re: the size - yes, the RNS is too big, but as I mentioned - if you cut out a part of the dashboard in the lower section, then you'll actually get it to fit! - it'll be somewhat of a hazard, but it's doable! This is in german - but you can see what can be done here:

(Replace the blank spaces with . and * with /)

www seatforum de*threads*230405-einbau-rcdrns-310510-in-den-ibiza-6j

Greets: Mats

Update: I installed the EU RNS315 from my Golf, but no OPS-info shown on screen anyway - so something must have been done, the question is what then?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise