Bacto the fold after 7 years!

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
So I moved from a Toledo V5 to a 1.8T A4 to a Mazda 6 MPS. Well tomorrow I pick up a 66 plate Leon 1.4 tsi FR sc.

It might seem like a strange move down from a 256bhp 2.3 lump to a 1.4 eco engine - well it is sort of! Don't get me wrong, I loved the mps and I will miss the raw power but I was massively impressed with the performance of the 1.4 tsi and the dsg box (which I'll have to get used to in manual mode as I get all flappy with the paddles). I was also surprised how spacious the cabin felt with tons of shoulder room and a very comfortable driving position,

Times have changed since I bought the mps - tax on it had risen to £500 a year (compared to £30 on this one!) and the Leon will be two and a half times more economical on my city commute. How much time I'll let it idle along on two cylinders I don't know ;) - but in truth the economy will be a bonus. I had contemplated the 1.8 at first but everything I've read pointed the the 1.4 being more than capable and it genuinely took me by surprise. I don't know if there's many here from the days of 2010, but looking forward to learning more and occasionally chipping in on this excellent forum! :clap:

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.