Help With Things To Do!!!

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Dont know if being lazy to look though threads is acceptable, but....
I've got the following planned for my car and could do with the best advice you have please.

Headlights -
Want to get complete new OE headlights or extremely good condition used ones, everywhere ive looked they are either scratched or have a broken clip where the sellers say just glue it back on.
What is average price for these and does anyone know if they still sell as every OE dealer ive tried say they are obsolete.

Double Dinn -
I have seen this covered alot on here, but what is the best approach? im used to doing these kinds of mods myself yet when i purchased the car i made the mistake of rushing in to buying one from a scrap yard and when i got home and looked it wasn't just dirt it was scuffed and i wasn't happy, also the OE radio that came with the center console didn't have the code either. Does anyone on here supply and fit this at all? If so whats the damage...

Alarm -
If your a buglar do not read on...
Ive noticed my alarm doesnt scream (work) when its set off, car locks fine and ive noticed the indicators are all working when the alarm is set off but no alarm noise. Any ideas and how difficult a fix is it to change the alarm? Where is it infact?
I am interested in fitting a tracker to the car for that added reassurance, has anyone on here done anything alike?

I have a few more things i could do with more advice on but ill settle with help on the above for now.

Apologies for the long speech, Many thanks for any help :)

May 25, 2008
cambs
Usually you can find a pair of headlights on a car beng broken for parts for £50 as all headlights are the same

Good luck finding a double din centre console not many about and usually £200+

Alarm usually is the horn at fault easily replaced

Trackers are personal preference as you might get an insurance discount by having one fitted
Doesn’t always act as a deterrent though

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
Usually you can find a pair of headlights on a car beng broken for parts for £50 as all headlights are the same

Good luck finding a double din centre console not many about and usually £200+

Alarm usually is the horn at fault easily replaced

Trackers are personal preference as you might get an insurance discount by having one fitted
Doesn’t always act as a deterrent though

Thanks, Im looking but all the lights are worse than my current ones, i was looking at the Halo but everyone is saying no.
I know that one too well! paid £250 for mine from some pikey scrap yard and put it this was i would of got more enjoyment burning the money.
I did read it could be the horn which i dont understand as the car horn works fine, is it a front bumper off job?

May 25, 2008
cambs
You might be able to access it from the grilles in the bumper
Depending what model you have
Or even underneath

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I’ve recently bought brand new headlights. Originals. I think about 160 each but could be wrong. I can find out where from and what price if you’re serious about wanting some.
Otherwise I have a set I removed from my car.
I could sell you those maybe.
I was going to refurbish the lenses and bang them on eBay after Christmas.
As for horn. Not sure you’ll be able to change out a broken one without removing the bumper.
If replacing horns go for Hella Supertones.
Bloody loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise