Help.. montsant red vs desire red

Moonwalker1983

Jan 18, 2018
HI

I need some help.... I currenty own a 2014 SE leon, as I enjoy the drive with the leon I wanted a new leon and upgrade to a FR (1.4/150) I got a deal on a 67 plate desire red (a very good deal)

I'm due to pick it up on the weekend but I actually haven't seen it in the flesh and I'm worried the desire red will be almost identical to the montsant red I'm already driving

Does any of you have any thoughts on this?

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Worried why? You must have liked the Montsant to buy it in the first place?

Desire isn't as dark as Montsant, it is also more vibrant. Montsant is closer to a burgundy, Desire to a scarlet. Your dealership will have a colour sample of Desire in the showroom - take it outside and put it next to your car.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I've also owned previously a Montsant red Leon, and have seen in flesh a Desire Red Leon Facelift Xcellence model.

It's true, the Desire red is slighly brighter and sparklier (but that could be down to UK not having that many sunny days I could see the Montsant Red in, plus in showroom in Westfields, the Desire Red car is polished and under spotlights).

Both are nice colours though (when clean).

Moonwalker1983

Jan 18, 2018
Thanks both

I guess I was concerned that desire would be pretty much identical to the monstent

But from what your saying the desire is brighter/fresher..
I'm happy to hear that

Im picking it up tomorrow :D

I hear rumours that the new shape leon is being released in 2019..... from the pics I've seen I don't like the front end at all......

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.