boot pop fitting to ST

LondonPirata

Jun 10, 2017
NW London
Anyone done a boot remote opening fitting to a Leon ST? I tried to fit GB Tuning Springs to my Xcellence and had to abort for fear of damaging the struts? Any help would be appreciated as its something im trying to sort out due to health reasons. :(

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Some have replaced the oem struts with heavy duty versions to give the "pop" when clicking the boot open fob button. The downside is the boot requires more force to close as there is more resistance using the heavy duty struts.

LondonPirata

Jun 10, 2017
NW London
ok so here's the update ... the boot pop lift doesn't seem to fit a 2017 leon xcellence ST but only a 2016 leon FR ST according to GBTuning. Personally i think its bullsh*t but i'm trying to find a 2016 FR ST to check part numbers against. Then the truth will be out... no more "fake instructions" :]

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
ok so here's the update ... the boot pop lift doesn't seem to fit a 2017 leon xcellence ST but only a 2016 leon FR ST according to GBTuning. Personally i think its bullsh*t but i'm trying to find a 2016 FR ST to check part numbers against. Then the truth will be out... no more "fake instructions" :]

I'm interested to see if you can get this to work as from what I have read in the past this isn't possible with the ST due to the weight of the bootlid. I have read second hand accounts of windows shattering and lids warping due to the amount of force required to lift the lid.
Be carefull if you do try it and post the results here ;)

LondonPirata

Jun 10, 2017
NW London
Thanks for that advice. I never heard of those issues which now make me wary. The space for the springs to be fitted on the strutts does look rather small and worryingly. Having compared part numbers of a 2016 and 2017 with a seat dealer all the parts were the same part numbers from boot lid to strutts. I'd be interested in reading about those that suffered the warping and window damages. It would be handy to know if windows shattered on closing or opening. If on opening I would guess it was the fault of the spring fit but on closing I would think slamming force could be a factor. I'm also researching if the skoda electric memory seat function can be fitted to a Leon. So will try to post my results for both these issues.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise