Seat Prices reductions - be wary!

Per

Dec 19, 2017
Not be wary in that they might be a con, but do be careful before asking for the price reduction to be applied.

I ordered my Cupra 300 ST 4 drive on 2nd Oct. At the time there was a £2,250 Seat contribution.

I did a quick analysis of what my contracted price is and compared it with what it might be with the recent price reduction, but assuming the lack of dealer contribution.

I also got a 12% discount from a quote via CarWow.

Anyhow, looking at the OTR price now - £32,580 and the OTR price when I ordered £34,340, and even accounting for the minor price increases on some options, plus my trade in allowance and initial £500 deposit and the CarWow discount, I have worked out that leaving my purchase price as per my October order gives me a price of £28,404 OTR where as removing the dealer incentive from October (excluding the current £500 test drive offer), and allowing for the small increases in optional extras, I have worked out that today, the same spec car would cost me £28,843 OTR. If the test drive £500 off offer was included the OTR would be £28,343

So in this case my original price is the cheaper unless the £500 test drive discount is applied and even then the difference is barely worth mentioning.

I very much doubt that if I went to my dealer now and asked for the price reduction to be applied (which I believe dealers will do - presumably if asked, not automatically) they would remove the Seat contribution as that is no longer applicable.

Do your sums and check if it's really worth asking your dealer to apply the current list price if in doing so you lose the original Seat incentives!

Last edited:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
When i was looking at ordering mine. It turned out the 0% PCP deal with no deposit contribution was a lot cheaper a month than the 4.9% one which u get £2250 deposit contribution. Obviously no deposit outweighs interest u pay

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
The price is the price the time. Different prices and deals in each 1/4 can't really be compared.

The purchasing parity changes all the time too. Wish I'd bought a house in 1930 and a stock pile of diesel when it was 67p, but then I only earned 7s 6d.

Per

Dec 19, 2017
The point I am making is that if a dealer says to you the price has lowered and he'll do the deal at the new price, just think a little about whether the deal you have is better than or equal to the new deal. If a dealer is trying to avoid the dealer contribution by pushing the new lower price, you could be worse off.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I was under the impression that you kept the dealer contribution even if the car price drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per

Dec 19, 2017
I was under the impression that you kept the dealer contribution even if the car price drops.

Interesting. I will speak with my dealer before I complete the finance papers next week in that case and see what he says. Great result if the answer is yes!

Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Well I ordered a Cupra end of nov, I got £1000 for loyal customer, £2500 dealer contribution, £500 for test drive. The price then dropped on the cupra, the dealer still applied all the contributions and the new price.

In my contract it stated that if the price goes up I have the option to pay it or surrender the car and have my deposit back. If the price drops they can apply all or a percentage. I knew about the price drop and made them aware so maybe this helped.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members