Cupra heated seats

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
My missus is the same, hates the heated seats, I try putting them on when she's sat there not looking just to annoy her

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Thanks guys. A few options to look at. I'm still just window shopping at the moment but I was just curious about the heated seats.

Cheers,

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
My missus is the same, hates the heated seats, I try putting them on when she's sat there not looking just to annoy her

:rofl: and me. She has a fit, usually screaming "I hate a hot arse!" Which makes me laugh all the more!

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Frankly I’d rather have heated steering wheel, if my leather seats chill my arse I just fart and wriggle.

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
I've got an fr but imagine options are similar. Current estate has a leather pack which automatically includes all the winter pack options including heating the seats. My previous hatchback fr had the normal fr seats (leather bolsters and fabric inserts) and they were heated as part of a winter pack.
I made sure to buy them since my wife's car is an mx5 with heated leather seats and she loves them. With the 3 levels of heats in the seat she is well chuffed.
However for ridiculous levels I understand Audi offer different levels of heated seats. The ones like in the seats are considered normal but have five levels which just sounds like they're going over the top, but then they have another option which has more sections of the seat heated...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Yeah I noticed heated seats seem to be standard on the S5 when I was window shopping on auto trader, though they are pricey. Didn't realise they had different configurations though. In my FR it feels like the lower back and bottom of the seat are heated. And they get very toasty quite quickly.

Cheers,
Izo

milnei

Jun 26, 2015
Brackley, Northamptonshire
To be honest, they're not very good. They're by far the worst I've experienced, not a patch on Mercedes CLS or BMW 5GT, and the ones in my old Mk1 TT are thermonuclear!

Over winter mine are on the highest setting (and coded with OBDeleven to stay on that setting after restarting the car), but on the TT I have to turn them down after 10 minutes or my arse catches fire.

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
I thought you meant the S5 car wasn't very good. I like the seats in my FR, impressed with them. I've never experienced heated seats in other cars so I can't compare them.

Cheers,
Izo

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

To be honest, they're not very good. They're by far the worst I've experienced, not a patch on Mercedes CLS or BMW 5GT, and the ones in my old Mk1 TT are thermonuclear!

Over winter mine are on the highest setting (and coded with OBDeleven to stay on that setting after restarting the car), but on the TT I have to turn them down after 10 minutes or my arse catches fire.

Dont use mine very often and happy with them but each car is different.

With regards to OBD11 IN Control unit: 09 Central Electrics you have an adaption

Seat heater level current consumption allocation:

Have you tried changing the temps to warm it up a bit

LondonPirata

Jun 10, 2017
NW London
Smile Leon memory seat addition
I recently bought a Leon 2017 xcellence with electric seats I noticed a blanking plate for the memory switches and was interested in trying to buy and fit. Would this be an easier job? Any ideas? I would be a real help for my disability. It's odd there was no choice. It appears to be the skoda has the fittings from a YouTube clip I've managed to see. It's almost impossible to find anything on it on Google. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
Cupra DSG 290 with leather seats round, front drivers seat electric, ex SEAT management car, winter pack, so front seats with electric heating, great in the winter with heating!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise