Car covers

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Hi,

Does anybody have a car cover? Unfortunately I don't have a drive or garage so it's parked on the road. I was thinking of getting Halfords Advanced All Seasons Car Cover Medium, assuming that fits. The only thing is there's no way to secure it. And no reflective bits so bit worried someone will drive into the car. Anybody use these?

Cheers,

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I understand why you want the cover but just to note that it is illegal to cover up the registration plate on the street. Many people get away with it, but sometimes a covered car generates more attention than one left uncovered.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I understand why you want the cover but just to note that it is illegal to cover up the registration plate on the street. Many people get away with it, but sometimes a covered car generates more attention than one left uncovered.

Also, putting a car cover on anything other than a spotlessly clean car will inflict swirl marks in the paintwork. The cover will move against the paintwork when it’s windy, and any dirt and grit on the paintwork (or the inside of the cover) will rub between the bodywork and the inside of the cover, creating swirls and scratches; maybe not quite as extreme, but a bit like rubbing wire wool or sandpaper over your car. I wouldn’t want to put a cover on a wet car either.

IMO, it would be much better to save your cash and not buy a car cover, but spend it on some good quality car wax or sealant instead to protect your car against the elements.

Last edited:

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
SRGTD beat me to it. There is really no point, you will do more harm than good.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Hi,

Does anybody have a car cover? Unfortunately I don't have a drive or garage so it's parked on the road. I was thinking of getting Halfords Advanced All Seasons Car Cover Medium, assuming that fits. The only thing is there's no way to secure it. And no reflective bits so bit worried someone will drive into the car. Anybody use these?

Cheers,

My advice - stop being so precious. You're driving a depreciating tub of metal.

Save your money.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I agree with others. Car cover will do harm if outside / all weather type. Put the money towards a good wax to keep contaminants away from the paintwork.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.