Option prices on factory builds - do they all include fitting?

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I work in a Kia dealer on the parts desk and reckon it would stupid to quote a price for an accessory part (that needed paint and fitting) that wasn’t an all in drive away price, be like not adding vat? Sounds like someone ****ed up and they’re trying to cover their arse?:handbags:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I work in a Kia dealer on the parts desk and reckon it would stupid to quote a price for an accessory part (that needed paint and fitting) that wasn’t an all in drive away price, be like not adding vat? Sounds like someone ****ed up and they’re trying to cover their arse?:handbags:
That's what I thought but it seems to differ massively between dealerships.

I accepted that there may be differences adding accessories after a purchase, but I expected this to be treated like a factory order with the price advertised being what you were expected to pay.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Dealership have now quoted £410 inc VAT for the side blades fitted as per brochure.

Painting is still chargeable as per brochure small print.

As I already agreed to pay the configurator price as per the original deal, the extra would be deducted from the paint quote leaving me to find the difference.

Better than before but still not ideal as it wasn't as advertised when I accepted the deal.

I'm shocked that I've had to fight back only to get what was advertised in the brochure that they originally dismissed.

I still feel this had been falsely advertised on the UK configurator. They should bring it inline with the Spanish.

Seat CS haven't gotten back to me yet.

jamietsylvester

Jul 19, 2017
I added side skirts and a rear spoiler to my car, and rather than them being fitted in the factory, my dealer said that they had to be bought through them, and the price on the website included fitting, but not paint. So, it cost me nearly £900 all in.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
So the dealership's decision is to officially match the advertised prices (VAT & fitting are included) painting will be £180 for either the blades or the skirts

So now trying to decide whether to stick with the blades or go full blown side skirts.

Thoughts welcome

93f9c8fcfb06f29a91793644d4c76e55.jpg
f8576b0d0f55d857a4087ba9c1be7b8b.jpg
ebfa34b8eaffd09946963dc3020c3354.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.