What is Registration Day Pick up like?

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
at 44 i will finally be collecting a new car on March 1st reg day.

The dealer is as Skoda/Seat dealership and i'm collecting an Orange Leon Cupra 300.

Dealer mention that some handovers get photo for their web site, but my mat who was a car dealer for fiat 15 years ago said it will be a very nice experience with flowers etc.

Anybody else on here had a reg day pick up?

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
I signed some documents, got in the car and drove off lol! Not heard of this flowers etc lark for a good few years now.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
It varies from one dealership to next, with some doing absolutely nothing to differentiate from any other day to others having midnight drive-away parties, but sadly the novelty has very much worn off over the years and now most tend to do little/nothing to make 1st March/1st September 'special' :(

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
My last new car pick up on registration plate change day was a VW.

I can’t be doing with all that car under the cover and the big reveal rubbish that some VW dealers do. Besides, the cover is probably full of grit and dirt from laying on the showroom floor after the new car ‘reveal’ for the previous customer. I don’t want my paintwork scratched and swirled with a gritty cover being dragged off it!

I picked my car up from a the dealer’s car storage warehouse building behind the showroom. No cringeworthy handover in the showroom - mine was a very low profile affair, which was my preference.

I did get quite a nice key ring, pen and travel mug in a presentation box though.

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
My last new car pick up on registration plate change day was a VW.

I can’t be doing with all that car under the cover and the big reveal rubbish that some VW dealers do. Besides, the cover is probably full of grit and dirt from laying on the showroom floor after the new car ‘reveal’ for the previous customer. I don’t want my paintwork scratched and swirled with a gritty cover being dragged off it!

I picked my car up from a the dealer’s car storage warehouse building behind the showroom. No cringeworthy handover in the showroom - mine was a very low profile affair, which was my preference.

I did get quite a nice key ring, pen and travel mug in a presentation box though.

Same here. I am thinking about asking them not to wash it!

As mine was price match on a carwow / drive the deal I doubt I will even get a keyring! . :lol:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Same here. I am thinking about asking them not to wash it!

As mine was price match on a carwow / drive the deal I doubt I will even get a keyring! . :lol:

This last time, I took the risk and let the dealer wash mine. They didn’t do too bad a job, but there were a few light swirl marks that I was able to sort out with my DA polishing machine. Next time I buy a new car, I will be asking them not to wash it. I’ve got lots of detailing gear, including a machine polisher, and I can take the time and care that the dealer may not to get it looking just right!

I wouldn’t worry if you don’t get a keyring; you’ve got the satisfaction of knowing you got a good discount :).

adstalker

Nov 5, 2010
Darlington
When I got the Leon (1st September 2014), the dealer dropped it off for me at 9pm the night before and took away my trade in so I had it for my early morning drive to work on the 1st. I have to say that it was a nice feeling being one of the first new registrations on the road.

On the 1st March, I will be getting another new car, but this time, I have to pick it up form the dealer. I enquired about a midnight pickup (which I know some dealers do) but they have said that they are only doing normal opening hours so I will be there at 9am to pick it up.

I think gone are the times where dealers used to make it special for 1st March and 1st September new car pick up's.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.