Ibiza Mk4 Custom Gas Bonnet Lifters/Struts - Finally Finished!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Finished fabricating my brackets now, just need to paint them. Also got some struts on the way to try :D

P12-11-09_1501.jpg

looking pretty much identical to mine there mate - good work :)

tooly1

1.2 power !
Oct 17, 2009
Nottingham
looks very well done lots of thought gone into it ! and does set the car off when it would be parked up at the shows!

am very surprised no one has actually made a dedicated kit for the lifters !

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
How much do all the parts cost?
I mean if at the right price you could probably make them and sell them on the forums.
I know if Under £100 I'd probably buy them!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
For all the parts apart from the brackets it would prob come in at circa £60, but then you would need material to make the brackets pluss the time to actualy make the brackets.

Last edited:

tooly1

1.2 power !
Oct 17, 2009
Nottingham
definatly would buy a set for under £100 better then just the standard bonnet stick thing ! and also for working on it no chance of knocking it and it falling!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Damo's about right on cost - I paid £55 odd for the struts/ends etc, made the brackets for free :)

Obviously the tricky bit IS the brackets - but if you've got some clever old chap (like my dad or Damo) on hand, then you're onto a winner!

:)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Rub it in Damo! :lol:

:cartman:

The brackets realy are not hard to make. All you would need is a drill, a file, a hacksaw and a vice to make them. And you could prob find some suitable material in a scrap yard.

I'm lucky in the fact I have stainless steel at work and all the tools to be able to make the brckets quicker ;)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
:cartman:

The brackets realy are not hard to make. All you would need is a drill, a file, a hacksaw and a vice to make them. And you could prob find some suitable material in a scrap yard.

I'm lucky in the fact I have stainless steel at work and all the tools to be able to make the brckets quicker ;)

I dont have access to good quality stainless - unless some one in Newcastle wanted to send me some. For example. :D

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
My theory was that I wanted perfect brackets, properly CNC'd to look OEM and give that "wow factor" when you tell someone it's a custom job.

But as Damo says, at the end of the day, they are only a metal bracket. So long as it's strong enough (don't want the bonnet landing on your head) I'm sure you'd be fine.

Damo - any update on your struts yet? Are they on and working?? :)

My bonnet lifters are still working well, although in the colder weather they can sometimes make a bit of a squeak initially, but not much can be done about that!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise