SORTED , From Spain Ibiza Mk3 Radio DIN Conversion

davemcgo

Bad Boy ;)
Dec 31, 2001
Glasgow
Miridor,

Some pictures of that would be nice, cos I'm contemplating fitting the faceplate into the sun-visor, with the actual head unit in the boot.

The glove box is too small to hold anything anyway - so if it would fit nicely in there, that may be a better alternative, although - it means having to drive around with the glove box open...

Miridor

Utopia in Sound is Bliss
Apr 29, 2002
Coventry/Nottingham
www.qmm.co.uk
Yeh cut i small rectangle out of the back for R.C.A's and power etc.. Flapper would be able to give you a price on the back section of the box don't think there that much ? certanly cheaper than a whole front facia when you try and sell the car!!
The standard Seat stearo still has power and aerial by way of Y connections so it still lights up etc.. just dont make any sound!
I have a hand held remote and a corded[hard wierd connection so unit can be used with glove box closed] one. These give full controll at your finger tips.
Working on those pics should be able to sort them tonight fingers crossed!
The fibre glass build takes about 2 days to make and should cost know more than £20. OR nothing if you do what my mate did and just bolt it to the top using L brackets [still looks ok just not as smart]:)

davemcgo

Bad Boy ;)
Dec 31, 2001
Glasgow
Sounds good. Can't wait to see the pictures.

I'm planning on leaving the standard unit operational running the rear speakers (which will be getting replaced) and running amp, sub, another changer and speakers in doors and rear shelf, off my Alpine unit which is still looking for a home in the car... just not 100% where exactly it's going yet...

davemcgo

Bad Boy ;)
Dec 31, 2001
Glasgow
In-ter-est-ingggg

Looks pretty good, and it's another idea, but I wanted to be able to see the thing - not have it in the glove box...

I've got an Alpine Commander unit, which is a graphic eq. and tuner, so no slots for tapes/CD's in the HU, which means I can affix the faceplate anywhere really....

It'll be decision time soon though - gonna start the boot build this week hopefully....

Crispy

I'm just about to buy a Ibiza Cupra, and i'm considering how i will upgrade the ice. Like Flapper, i've got an Alpine Commander unit and multichanger. I'm not sure how easy it is to link the faceplate to the unit remotely. Please let me know how you get on, Flapper. I'm sure someone else on here has already mounted an Alpine face in the ash tray?

davemcgo

Bad Boy ;)
Dec 31, 2001
Glasgow
Do you mean me or Flapper?

Crispy,

I've seen faceplates in the sunvisor years ago, and it looked great, but I'm not sure whether there will be any resistance lost through the length of cable required to put the faceplate in the visor, and the rest of the unit in the boot...:rolleyes:

mounted an Alpine face in the ash tray?

Another good idea... will be checking sizes when I get home ;)

PS: The new Ibiza has a normal sized HU...

Crispy

Apologies, i meant you.

Check this out:

########################################
Ive been trying to get decent sound out of my stereo through a amp

I tried Rca converter's......Sound poo, interference etc

High level inputs were better but not great, still interfernce etc

So ive now opted for a Alpine Controller, The controller still uses the original stereo as a tape player and radio through speaker inputs but the CD player has a direct RCA connection.

The main bod of the controller is up behind the dash and the screen is mounted in the ashtray.

The result is a clean headunit quality signal coming out and sounds as good as any other stereo.

Problem solved IMHO
Piks as follows

http://www.seatcars.net/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=50584

######################################

AliBaker

Different Mod

If anyone can wait till summer i will be adding preouts to my Standard fit headunit, the circuitry is there just needs some looking into,

will be adding 4v cuircuits too, if preferable at the time.

so if you want yours modding let me know, and maybe we can sort yours out too :)

Crispy

Any developments guys? Not sure what to do with my head unit at the mo, so i'm after any ideas.

Shock_Xe

can you explain more about this controller and what advantages it has (Im not the most knowledgeable) does this controller give you preouts i.e. allowing you to connect external devices such as an amp and screen (dvd etc) to this controller while using the existing headunit??

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
looks like these guys are the SEAT suppliers for door pins etc

mail on it's way i'll let you know whats said

Jameibiza01

anyone know if this can be done local to me at all, i am in surrey?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.