The ultimate front splitter thread

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Good point ... Looks like the same red as my 280.
Number plate reads FR and it looks a little off in this shot too.

I'll have my answer in a couple of weeks either way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This link may interest you https://www.sahibinden.com/listing...boya-degisen-hasar-kaydi-yok-523943476/detail looks to be a 1.4 tsi. Why the hell you would go to the cost of fitting a cupra front bumper, logo, brakes then a FR rear bumper with cupra lettering, is completely beyond me . But.... it is still a Cupra front bumper with a splitter so it could work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
This link may interest you https://www.sahibinden.com/listing...boya-degisen-hasar-kaydi-yok-523943476/detail looks to be a 1.4 tsi. Why the hell you would go to the cost of fitting a cupra front bumper, logo, brakes then a FR rear bumper with cupra lettering, is completely beyond me . But.... it is still a Cupra front bumper with a splitter so it could work.

Some serious detective work

Anyway I'll report back

Cheers

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Guy in france has fitted the genuine front splitter to a real cupra.

img-6979850f47.jpg

img-69798519fb.jpg

img-69798521da.jpg

Side skirts in black actually look rather nice!!

img-65635822fe.jpg

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Guy in france has fitted the genuine front splitter to a real cupra.

img-6979850f47.jpg

img-69798519fb.jpg

img-69798521da.jpg

Side skirts in black actually look rather nice!!

img-65635822fe.jpg

Are these side skirts an official SEAT part does anybody know? I was thinking of fitting skirts to my blue 300 when I get it and also having them in black. These look nice, not over the top like some.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Are these side skirts an official SEAT part does anybody know? I was thinking of fitting skirts to my blue 300 when I get it and also having them in black. These look nice, not over the top like some.
The styling looks same - side profile doesn't appear as chunky but I'm thinking that's just the angle.

The black idea is interesting, I like the black tip on the blades, the standard skirts may look decent with the same design.

a97547856b6a8e4b63b155a45a5fc9eb.jpg

Last edited:

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
The styling looks same - side profile doesn't appear as chunky but I'm thinking that's just the angle.

The black idea is interesting, I like the black tip on the blades, the standard skirts may look decent with the same design.

a97547856b6a8e4b63b155a45a5fc9eb.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking. Gloss black front splitter, gloss black rear diffuser and gloss black side skirts.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Lmbarrett83; said:

The guy has quite a few photos of his car at different angles so worth a look here but it is definitely is the genuine side skirts.

Big poppa john; said:

If you search through the photos he has a quote/receipt for the front splitter. In the thread where i originally found the photos he has mentioned its all genuine seat accessories.

Part No for the genuine side skirts is 5F0071610 as lewis has posted or you can go for the side blades 5F0071685 GRU.

Big poppa john; said:
Exactly what I was thinking. Gloss black front splitter, gloss black rear diffuser and gloss black side skirts.

As for gloss black sounds like an idea especially if you have a sunroof or black roof as it all seems to contrast quite well! Thats why I think this guys Cupra looks good.

Dam looking at it i kinda wished i had ordered a 3dr! :think: :banghead2

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The guy has quite a few photos of his car at different angles so worth a look here but it is definitely is the genuine side skirts.

If you search through the photos he has a quote/receipt for the front splitter. In the thread where i originally found the photos he has mentioned its all genuine seat accessories.

Part No for the genuine side skirts is 5F0071610 as lewis has posted or you can go for the side blades 5F0071685 GRU.

As for gloss black sounds like an idea especially if you have a sunroof or black roof as it all seems to contrast quite well! Thats why I think this guys Cupra looks good.

Thanks mate - appreciated.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
As for the blades ..

They only seem to work from certain angles and they don't enhance the profile side on, but on certain colours they seem to work well.
bc68dfc73094a91eeb729de96a1a9efa.jpg
52cb2676ad81b6b915f6113eb23e2b26.jpg

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
To me that French guys front splitter looks like a right dogs dinner. Is that red dashed line across the middle part something he has added himself?

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
To me that French guys front splitter looks like a right dogs dinner. Is that red dashed line across the middle part something he has added himself?

Bare in mind it’s not painted and the red dashed area is the adhesive tear offs, this is where the gloss black section gets stuck down. There’s a pic further back in the thread that shows a finished splitter.

Last edited:

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
Bare in mind it’s not painted and the red dashed area is the adhesive tear offs, this is where the gloss black section gets stuck down.

Ahh that makes sense I didn't realise the extra piece was missing! Thanks for the clarification.

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
I'm wanting to get gloss black side skirts, front splitter and rear diffuser fitted to mine when it comes. I've seen a set of genuine SEAT side skirts pre painted in LY9T Midnight Black. The seller is saying these are more gloss than metallic, can anybody confirm please ?

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Sorry for thread hijack but I have a trc front splitter for prefacelift leon for sale. Never been on my car as I'm too lazy to fit and car is going back soon (lease). Splitter was repainted as condition I received from trc was awful. They paid for it to be wrapped but wrapper couldnt get wrap to hold given sharp lines and curves of the design. Comes with original fitting kit. Pm if interested.

DavidTVN

Nov 22, 2017
Sorry for thread hijack but I have a trc front splitter for prefacelift leon for sale. Never been on my car as I'm too lazy to fit and car is going back soon (lease). Splitter was repainted as condition I received from trc was awful. They paid for it to be wrapped but wrapper couldnt get wrap to hold given sharp lines and curves of the design. Comes with original fitting kit. Pm if interested.

Hi Bud, yeah im interested. I've messaged you!

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I now have two quotes for the front splitter.

JCB Seat £883 = Paint £175 + Part £446 + Labour £262

Local Seat approved paint shop. £785 = Paint £150 + Part £345 + Labour £290

Apparently the front bumper needs to be removed to fit the splitter??? not sure i really believe that.

Last edited:

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
After seeing a facelift Cupra with a front splitter fitted for sale at Jennings SEAT I contacted Triple R Composites as the advert said it was a Triple R item. They said Jennings have fitted a pre-facelift item. I have asked if the pre-facelift item is easy to fit but have had no reply yet.
Anyway Ollie at Triple R is wanting a FL Cupra so they can take moulds inorder to start making parts. If anybody is local to them there might be a splitter in it for them if they pop down. :rofl:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
After seeing a facelift Cupra with a front splitter fitted for sale at Jennings SEAT I contacted Triple R Composites as the advert said it was a Triple R item. They said Jennings have fitted a pre-facelift item. I have asked if the pre-facelift item is easy to fit but have had no reply yet.

Anyway Ollie at Triple R is wanting a FL Cupra so they can take moulds inorder to start making parts. If anybody is local to them there might be a splitter in it for them if they pop down. :rofl:

Any chance of a photo? Or link to the car for sale? Cheers!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.