Clutch issue / upgrade

Pedro.pete011

Apr 18, 2017
Byfleet
Hi guys.

Tried hunting through old threads but couldn't find anything.

Iv recently had my leon cupra tfsi mk2 2007 remapped to stage 1 (300bhp) and have now found that my clutch slips like mad anything after 4500rpm when on full throttle.
1st is this a common thing after mapping
2nd looking at uprating my clutch now, any recommendations? Planning ahead I will be looking good to run up to a stage 3 map in the future. (2-3 years target time)

Thanks

Steed8

Cupra MK2 newbie
Oct 26, 2014
East Anglia
Evening Pedro.pete011

I was wondering if you have had any luck on this?

I have just had a stage one done on my 08 Cupra and experiencing the same problems (50k miles) so will be looking to get this sorted ASAP.

Pedro.pete011

Apr 18, 2017
Byfleet
Through resurch on Google and on this forum it seems that the most popular option is the LOBA/Sachs clutch kit with SMF at the cost of around £1300 fitted. Not yet had this done on my motor due to the cost. Stuck with being sensible with the throttle . This kit gives best OEM feel for a performance clutch from what I have found. I'm looking into condition clutch kits atm but can't find much info on these.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not yet... I'm scared to in case it puts me off the Stage 2. From what I've seen, labour estimates vary from about 4-6 hours. So that'd be £240-£320. Plus about £30 for the slave cylinder which I believe is advised to change at the same time.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise