Configurator and brochures are live

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to wait until the 1.5 is officially released and see what dtd or carwow offer

Just done some quotes on Carwow and as we suspected the discounts aren't as huge as other sites were claiming.

No sign of the 1.5 engine so I did a 1.0 FR quote with about £1600 worth of options.

List price of £18200, best price was around £15700 so about 14% discount.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Very positive review of the 1.5tsi on the Autogefuehl channel on YouTube ex- only thing they really disliked were the fake exhausts - I agree!

Last edited:

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Polo or Ibiza

Details of the new Polo are now appearing. It seems even more like a small Golf while the Ibiza looks like a small Leon (as a current Leon owner, no bad thing). From what I have seen so far, dash looks almost identical but no doubt the VW will have "nicer" plastic to justify a higher price.

I'm looking to downsize a little next time but with a bit more power, so interesting (to me) is that Polo GTi is confirmed for early next year with a 200ps 2.0tsi.So no physical reason why Seat can't offer an Ibiza Cupra - hope the business case stacks up as the Polo still looks a bit boring!

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Polo or Ibiza or Arona

There's now even more choice... All three cars are based on MQB-A0 platform. Subjectively, Polo has the best interior; Polo and Arona have more safety systems but are more expensive; Ibiza is perhaps the best looking of them all on the outside and least expensive.

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
I was thinking of downsizing from my Leon when I change it next time and going back to an Ibiza. I think the new Ibiza looks great ( mini leon !), but the colour range is awful. Would have liked a red ( Emocion ), now gone and no silver, my favorite colours. None of the others I really like...Desire red is probably ok but not for £650.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I was thinking of downsizing from my Leon when I change it next time and going back to an Ibiza. I think the new Ibiza looks great ( mini leon !), but the colour range is awful. Would have liked a red ( Emocion ), now gone and no silver, my favorite colours. None of the others I really like...Desire red is probably ok but not for £650.

I'm thinking of doing the same, as for the colours I think we'll see an update later in the year with the new colour range.
It seems like the Ibiza is only partially released - we're still waiting on the 1.5 petrol, diesels and obviously the new colours (urban silver and the orange)

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Yep but this doesn't happen with new models. Maybe with a facelift but usually with an all new model you'll get minimal discounts at first. Then over time better discounts will come along until the next new model appears.

Like I said, I hope it's true as you'd be able to get a 1.5 FR with a few extras for just over £14k but my worry would be if this is the starting point then where would it end? In 5 years time you'd be able to get the same car brand new for about £10k. This doesn't sound a plausible starting point and the depreciation would be catastrophic.

I'll wait until they appear on Carwow or Drivethedeal before I take it seriously. I suspect they've just carried over the discount levels from the 2017 Ibiza and applied them onto the 2018 list prices.

1.5 on DtD fro £14k now...
Are people ready to eat their hats/words? :p

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Interesting that the mk6 might appeal more to the Leon owner looking for something similar but a lot cheaper and only a bit smaller than to this Ibiza owner for whom leonlookylikedness is not a plus point.
Mind you I still can't wait to try one on when they're in the shops.

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
The mk5 was designed by the legendary Luc Donckerwolke who also penned the Lamborghini Murciélago.
:seatgod:
The mk6 design was found on the back of a soggy fag packet that was blocking the loos.
:weedy:

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
The mk5 was designed by the legendary Luc Donckerwolke who also penned the Lamborghini Murciélago.
:seatgod:
The mk6 design was found on the back of a soggy fag packet that was blocking the loos.
:weedy:

Nothing but negative comments from you on the mk6 yet you still can't wait to try one when they're in the dealers???

Very strange behaviour.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Interesting that the mk6 might appeal more to the Leon owner looking for something similar but a lot cheaper and only a bit smaller than to this Ibiza owner for whom leonlookylikedness is not a plus point.
Mind you I still can't wait to try one on when they're in the shops.

Interesting point given that SEAT seem to see the Ibiza as appealing to younger drivers. Problem for me (and apparently others also) is that "Golf size" cars which I've driven for years are now getting too big for my needs (and my garage!) and the latest Fiesta and Ibiza for example are now a similar size to a MK1 Focus or Leon.

Anyhow, I see that Autocar have given the Ibiza the nod over the Fiesta in their group test although they still say the Fiesta is the better drive (though other reviews say otherwise), I'll make my own judgement when I can get some test drives.

Elsewhere in the same issue SEAT boss Luca de Meo is quoted as saying "SEAT hasn't found a technical set up yet (for the Ibiza Cupra) with a sound business case" whatever that means. As VW have already sorted the power train for the Polo GTi I wouldn't have thought it that hard.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.