Anyone ordered yet?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
That's quite sad - an undetectable Sport mode.

Now in my 2016 Mustang V8, Sport+ mode was fairly obvious:

Razor sharp Throttle response, faster steering, tighter damping, redlines in every gear, wheelspin, a lot more V8 noise, auto blips on the downshift - and it would spin as soon as there was a bit of drizzle.

To be fair it would spin in Normal mode as well - at the first sign of precipitation you had to set Rain/Snow mode to stay on the road.

But Track mode was something completely different :D and absolutely barking on twisty mountain roads :thumbup:

Please boss, can I have a 435bhp lease car just one more time?

Last edited:

Zen

Aug 14, 2017
True, though I guess there's gonna be a difference between an American V8 and a 1.0 litre engine haha!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Yes, I've just bought the 1.0 as well, and while it is pretty nippy in 1st -

it isn't smoking the tyres to 60 before you've even crossed the junction and making the guys in the back sick, swear or pray!!

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
Does anyone know when the 1.5 FR is available to order in the uk, I know it's on the configurator but my dealer said he can't order it at the moment?

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
I've just done some quotes on Carwow for the 1.5, one of the dealers is offering just under 19% off the list price. Brings it down to just under what I paid for my current Ibiza. Very tempting but I think I'll wait to see if winter pack and rear electric windows become available..

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I mailed Seat Uk about the lack of winter pack and electric rears even as an option and got a standard cut/paste reply about no planned changes to any of the Ibiza range for the foreseeable future. I really think Seat Uk messed up on the spec and options this time. All these things are available even in Ireland along with others such as Adjustable Suspension etc.

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
Little Update

Hello all

Two weeks old now and still loving it. The 18" alloys are a dream to clean, just a few minutes now compared to about 5 or so each wheel with the Fiesta. No fiddly nooks and crannies. Loving the dash too. Fiesta was large. The Ibiza is neat and trim, easy to clean.

Oh, one question, how to keep the discs clean and not going that brown colour?

Gary

Last edited:

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Hello all

Two weeks old now and still loving it. The 18" alloys are a dream to clean, just a few minutes now compared to about 5 or so each wheel with the Fiesta. No fiddly nooks and crannies. Loving the dash too. Fiesta was large. The Ibiza is neat and trim, easy to clean.

Oh, one question, how to keep the discs clean and not going that brown colour?

Gary

Discs only brown due to moisture esp after washing a few quick hard braking will clear them.

Still considering this model myself in the new year, be interesting to see how you feel the 1.0 115 is once you’ve had it a few months.

Last edited:

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
Discs only brown due to moisture esp after washing a few quick hard braking will clear them.

Still considering this model myself in the new year, be interesting to see how you feel the 1.0 115 is once you’ve had it a few months.

Thanks, I'll do a few doughnuts tomorrow before work :)

I'm liking it a lot so far. Definitely nippier than my Fiesta Zetec which was a 125. Not tried any of the driving modes yet. Will need to do that soon.

Gary.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Managed to get a few pics (Xcellence model)

37130469802_12b7218bf2_b.jpg

36489494033_d83118f203_b.jpg

37130471212_cef66c8849_b.jpg

36489495193_59dbf89963_b.jpg

36465813124_308cc7a4b8_b.jpg

Last edited:

Zen

Aug 14, 2017
Some plonker in the factory has put one of my heating control knobs on the wrong way round!! It's the one which controls the direction that the air is blown. Instead of the little line pointing to whichever setting you choose, it's the opposite! Doesn't look easy to remove and I really don't want to break it so I might just leave it, but it's really really annoying.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014

Having just swapped a 1.2 for 1.0, the little donk has got more poke and is just as refined as the super smooth chain-drive 4, but whereas the 1.2 would almost pull like a diesel from quite low revs, the 1.0 is flat dead. Lots more gearchanges required.

I think I prefer the 4 banger to be honest even though it was slightly slower.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Some plonker in the factory has put one of my heating control knobs on the wrong way round!! It's the one which controls the direction that the air is blown. Instead of the little line pointing to whichever setting you choose, it's the opposite! Doesn't look easy to remove and I really don't want to break it so I might just leave it, but it's really really annoying.

Straight back to the stealers with that then.

It doesn't have to be the one you bought it at though.

I never went back to Pentagon Scunthorpe in 3 1/2 years after buying the car there. Never went back to Hortons Lincoln either after one useless trip to their Service department.

Zen

Aug 14, 2017
Straight back to the stealers with that then.

It doesn't have to be the one you bought it at though.

I never went back to Pentagon Scunthorpe in 3 1/2 years after buying the car there. Never went back to Hortons Lincoln either after one useless trip to their Service department.

I've already taken it back once last weekend as one of the key fobs died on me when I was on a night out. They're gonna love me.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Just heard mine has arrived at UK port today.

Dealer thinks I should have it by the end of next week.

Chose the reg plate today for it :). Had a choice of about 10.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Great spec similar to what I’m considering bar the roof/18’s/colour may have some q’s When it arrives. Hope delivery isn’t too long a wait.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.