Anyone ordered yet?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Alarm is std in the UK so UK must get the upgraded light setup sunroof or not, the unit itself is the same as the Xcellence model in the UK just cream and not black.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
@nokiauk,

Any chance you could upload some photos of the arm rest of your Xcellence? Mainly where it joins to the rest of the console.

I've asked my dealer to source me the part for the Xcellence (e.g. the armrest) but would like to see how it's attached.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I will do once I’m back from holiday I looked into this myself briefly on the xcellence there are bolt heads in the circular recess just behind the back of the front seats, you may have to slide them forwards. It looks as if you may remove the small tray at the rear of the whole centre console and then just sit it on top and secure with any supplied fittings/bolts.

Did your dealer say they could get the part?

Last edited:

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
I will do once I’m back from holiday I looked into this myself briefly on the xcellence there are bolt heads in the circular recess just behind the back of the front seats, you may have to slide them forwards. It looks as if you may remove the small tray at the rear of the whole centre console and then just sit it on top and secure with any supplied fittings/bolts.

Did your dealer say they could get the part?

He implied it was a possibility. I don’t see why not really. It must have a part number.

Bad news for me is even the Carista beta doesn’t have the options I want. I’ll need to take a visit to eBay for VCDS.

I want to enable one click lock to fold mirrors rather than holding down the lock button.
Turn off fog cornering lights although someone implied they’re not on with LED heads.
Needle sweep :)

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Just went out and did a test.

Engine on, dip beam on, turn wheel left/right. No cornering lamps!

So they were right. If you have LED heads you don’t have the annoying cornering lamps.

Still need VCDS for folding the mirrors in one click.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
In which case coding will be similar to this:

Select STG 09 (vehicle power)
STG access authorization -> Function 16
Enter unlock code 31347
STG adjustment -> function 10
(22) Access control two radio Select Spiegelanklappung mode
Adjust Value accordingly as desired

default value: by convenience surgery via remote control key = FFB must be pressed long to allow Fold in the exterior mirrors
Alternative: by look command via remote control key = FFB must be pressed briefly to let the outside mirrors Fold in

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
In which case coding will be similar to this:

Select STG 09 (vehicle power)
STG access authorization -> Function 16
Enter unlock code 31347
STG adjustment -> function 10
(22) Access control two radio Select Spiegelanklappung mode
Adjust Value accordingly as desired

default value: by convenience surgery via remote control key = FFB must be pressed long to allow Fold in the exterior mirrors
Alternative: by look command via remote control key = FFB must be pressed briefly to let the outside mirrors Fold in

Lovely. VCDS and Cable has been shipped so should have it soon.

komoornik

Oct 1, 2017
Ordered in Poland:
Xcellence 1.0 115 DSG7
candy white with alcantara

almost every option besides things like: navi, sunroof or beats audio.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
:(

VCDS received. Latest version. 17.8.0

Plugged into car excited to make changes.

“Unsupported Vehicle”

It’s a proper Ross tech cable not a Chinese knock off.

I guess I have to wait for it to be updated

komoornik

Oct 1, 2017
There are youtube videos with mods for 6F, they didn't use VCDS?

Perhaps OBDeleven is the solution?

Last edited:

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Just ordered OBDeleven and a Fire 7 tablet which I will side load play store on.

Getting expensive this....

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh

VCDS received. Latest version. 17.8.0

Plugged into car excited to make changes.

“Unsupported Vehicle”

It’s a proper Ross tech cable not a Chinese knock off.

I guess I have to wait for it to be updated

I’m surprised as I would have expected the tech to be MIB2 based like the Leon and nothing really new could maybe ask on their support page.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Fire 7 arrived, sideloaded and now has OBDEleven installed and purchased PRO.

Just waiting for the dongle to arrive from Lithunia!!!

I hope this blinking works when it arrives. Already tried Carista, VCDS. Running out of options.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
There are youtube videos with mods for 6F, they didn't use VCDS?

Perhaps OBDeleven is the solution?

Just found out my new Ibiza is a KJ not a 6F and shows in ODBeleven as a 2018 model.

My guess is VW have changed the codings recently hence why VCDS ain’t working.

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Hi All! I'm a newbie to the forum, Seat and the ordering a new car experience!

Last Friday I ordered a new Xcellence 1.0 TSI 95 in Midnight Black. I can't wait for it to get here! I think I managed to get a pretty good deal for the car, and the additional £1000 daylight savings offer Seat have on at the moment was a nice bonus.

I was just wondering how long others had to wait after ordering their cars? I've been told January by the dealer, and the paperwork actually says end of January - I was hoping it would be a bit sooner than that!

Also, what's next? I've ordered the car, paid the deposit, when should I be expecting an update from the dealer? As I mentioned this is my first ever new car, so I have no idea what to expect communication wise. I haven't heard anything from the dealer after placing the order and paying at the dealership on Friday - and I can't see anywhere that you can track your build, which is a shame really in this day and age! How often should I be getting/chasing for updates?

Thanks all!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Honestly, I just forgot about it - apart from ordering a few bits off ebay.

Went back to my day to day life, driving the old car and then one day the phone rang " Your car's arriving tomorrow, when can you collect it later in the week?"

Nothing you do is going to get your car any faster - apart from cancelling and buying one from stock anywhere in the country.

In fact, nagging your dealer will possibly p155 them off and reduce the level of service or urgency.

Last edited:

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Honestly, I just forgot about it - apart from ordering a few bits off ebay.

Went back to my day to day life, driving the old car and then one day the phone rang " Your car's arriving tomorrow, when can you collect it later in the week?"

Nothing you do is going to get your car any faster.

In fact, nagging your dealer will possibly p155 them off and reduce the level of service or urgency.

I think you're probably right on the last point! My policy is to leave it, but I just wasn't sure how much communication to expect and when to expect it.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
I think you're probably right on the last point! My policy is to leave it, but I just wasn't sure how much communication to expect and when to expect it.

I emailed my dealer every 2 weeks for an update. The joy of email is they can respond at their leisure. Sometimes it was a couple of days before they got back to me, but they DID get back to me.

My OBDEleven dongle has turned up today, so I'll let you all know how the mods go soon!!

:thanks:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.